Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
  1.    #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    Are there any "more secure" speeds then others? Like if I would like to set a slower speed for the night hours...

a) which speed should I use? 200? 250? 300?
    b) will it really help to save the battery?
    c) could the slower speed affect something? LIke the clock running slower? :-)

PS: Im willing to use the setting with modeswitcher - so the mode will be set and the speed changed...
    When your device is truly idle, it is running at 0MHz. That means screen off, and no background processes active (e.g. no email checking, no facebook checking, etc).

When your device is running stuff in the background, if it is periodic and not continuous, then "race to idle" comes into effect. You want the background task to finish quickly so that the processor can go back to deep sleep.

When your device is running stuff in the background, and it is doing this continuously without periods of inactivity (e.g. streaming music with the screen off), then you want the minimum frequency which will achieve the task at hand so that the battery is drained as slowly as possible for that continuous background activity.

When you device is running stuff in the foreground, then it's up to you how fact you want your device to respond vs how fast it drains the battery.

As you can see, there is no one simple answer that will suit everyone.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    thank you for your response.. I was not aware of this... and this is response for my question B....

what about A? and I can imagine that response for C is "no"...

So lets say I do a lot of ebook reading. Right now Im running the screen state 500/800. So when reading the book Its running 800... And for the ebook I really dont think its necessary... So I could create a mode switch mode and set it manualy to "less then 500"... but how much should it be?

and once again thanks for the response in advance :-)
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Is your Pre in Developer Mode ?
    ChasT,
    Yes I'm in Developer Mode. I have now tried to install using my laptop as well as my desktop computer with the same results.
    When I first plug in the Pre Plus to the computer, it "detects new hardware" and asked if it can search for the software/driver to install. I cancelled this and closed that window. Would that have anything to do with it?
    I don't know what else to try.
    Last edited by gdinger; 09/01/2010 at 10:49 AM. Reason: grammer correction
  4. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I have been using the F105 kernel for several months without any issues. Is it worth it to change to the Uberkernel?

If so, can I go directly from having the F105 to Uberkernel without passing go and installing the original kernel before switching?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    I have been using the F105 kernel for several months without any issues. Is it worth it to change to the Uberkernel?

If so, can I go directly from having the F105 to Uberkernel without passing go and installing the original kernel before switching?

Thanks
    F105 has voltage selection and TMC error disabled, so, it's your choice.

And yes, you can uninstall F105, then install Uber. But it will restart when installing UK
    Quote Originally Posted by geovass View Post
    This Rocks!!!! Its bloody fast !!!!

Installed a few nights ago. Doesnt seem to burn my hands as bad as 800Mhz in previous build. Running very nicely!
    It may just be my Pre+ but I hated UK. F105 runs much faster and waaaay cooler than UK ever did on the same speeds.
    Works great for me, 0 problems and is real fast and smooth. So much easier than rooting a android phone. I'm never going back!!!
    I am getting an ipkg error when I tried to install UK.
    I'll post the screen shot. it mentions something about there being a problem installing because of 'peers' and there are some time frames. be back with some screen caps.

Does anyone perhaps know anything about this?

I installed 1.4.5 and didn't remove UK because I read that it was OTA safe. After the installation it of course went back to palm default, and when I tried to tap my UK sticky profiles nothing happened. So I uninstalled it and tried to re-install, and that is when I got the error.

Be back with caps
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 09/14/2010 at 04:06 AM. Reason: typo
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Never mind. Problem solved
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Uberkernel no longer works for me either since upgrading my VZW Pre Plus to 1.4.5. Uninstalled and tried to reinstall. Says it is not compatible with this version. Any ideas guys? Does this need to be updated for VZW Pre+ version of 1.4.5.?
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Uberkernel no longer works for me either since upgrading my VZW Pre Plus to 1.4.5. Uninstalled and tried to reinstall. Says it is not compatible with this version. Any ideas guys? Does this need to be updated for VZW Pre+ version of 1.4.5.?
    Install the recovery kernel from Preware feeds, then apply UberKernel
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Install the recovery kernel from Preware feeds, then apply UberKernel
    Recovery kernel? Sorry, but I don't know what that is. Does it have a specific name I can search for? Sorry for being such a n00b.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    @headgamer: Open up Preware, select available packages, select kernel, select recovery.......there it shall be....!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gdinger View Post
    ChasT,
    Yes I'm in Developer Mode. I have now tried to install using my laptop as well as my desktop computer with the same results.
    When I first plug in the Pre Plus to the computer, it "detects new hardware" and asked if it can search for the software/driver to install. I cancelled this and closed that window. Would that have anything to do with it?
    I don't know what else to try.
    You need to install the drivers for you phone to connect through windows.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I am dipping into the UberKernal pool for the first time! Can I just find that in Preware and download without ever having any other kernal installed? Do I need to have Guvnah as well to run it? Never installed any kernal before. thx!
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pmcardle View Post
    I am dipping into the UberKernal pool for the first time! Can I just find that in Preware and download without ever having any other kernal installed? Do I need to have Guvnah as well to run it? Never installed any kernal before. thx!
    Need to add the kernals feed... search and you shall find.

Yes, Govnah is the app that lets you control your speed.

Please read up in detail before proceeding. UK is very safe and very stable, but as always, YMMV - use at your own risk. That said, you will be grinning from ear to ear at how much improved your Pre is. Enjoy!
    Hey guys, I tried the recovery kernel and got the same, not compatible error. Any ideas on my next step ? thanks
  19.    #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by Delawareduff View Post
    Hey guys, I tried the recovery kernel and got the same, not compatible error. Any ideas on my next step ? thanks
    webOS version not compatible means that either you haven't updated your feeds in Preware (so it's still pointing to the 1.4.1 version) or you have an incorrect testing feed configured (which is not called 'webos-kernels-testing' cause it would have been automatically updated if it was) or you are trying to install a kernel by some means other than from a Preware feed (which is never recommended).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hey Rod,

I updated my feeds and I am trying to install through preware but still same prob. As far as the incorrect testing feed, I have no idea what that even is, lol. I just did Save/Restore, Saved package list and then did the rocovery before the update. Everything else went fine reinstalling except uberkernel .... thanks for the help man.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast