Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beerbaron105 View Post
    Will this work on a regular Palm Pre? I installed it on mine, only does 500/800, when I select 500/1000 nothing happens!
    Yes it will. Do you have the UberKernel version -92 and Govnah version 0.6.7 installed?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    yes to both, updated through preware without a hitch
    yes to both, updated through preware without a hitch
    Did you do a full device restart?

Pip
    of course the easiest answer is the solution.. Thanks! Works great!
    of course the easiest answer is the solution.. Thanks! Works great!
    Just a heads up, that was the easiest answer, but it was the necessary one given in the instructions! If you don't follow the instructions your phone will be very sick and might die...
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    battery drain is getting ridiculous. Even in 800mhz and uber default. Dropped 26% in only 15 minutes...
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    battery drain is getting ridiculous. Even in 800mhz and uber default. Dropped 26% in only 15 minutes...
    I've decided that the battery drain noticed immediately after installing a new Kernel is cause directly by the newfound fascination of watching apps zoom open and close. I'm on SR-71 at 1.2ghz and I've gone 8 hours today and I'm still at 70%. If you don't play with your phone all day, you get much better battery life. =)
    yepp. I've been on the forums since 100% at 4:10pm. It is now 5:12 and my battery is at 47%. Time to buy an extended battery and a touchstone. (I know, DUH right)
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    I've decided that the battery drain noticed immediately after installing a new Kernel is cause directly by the newfound fascination of watching apps zoom open and close. I'm on SR-71 at 1.2ghz and I've gone 8 hours today and I'm still at 70%. If you don't play with your phone all day, you get much better battery life. =)
    I've only been here on the forums. Heavy pages. Heavy drain.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Hey can someone please tell me the best settings for The palm Pixi plus -1.4.5.
    I want my phone fast buy at the same time not to drain my battery. Thanks ^-^ Please reply to me. Thank you ^-^
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    My battery drain seems to be less at 1GHz than Super Prekernel at MHz. The coolest thing besides the incredible speed is, it seems to have fixed my keyboard letter repeat problem. 1.4.1 stock fixed it then Super PreKernel broke it now Uber1G fixed it back.
    Typing on my VZW Pre Plus has gone from nightmare to dream.
  12.    #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by pawdog View Post
    My battery drain seems to be less at 1GHz than Super Prekernel at MHz. The coolest thing besides the incredible speed is, it seems to have fixed my keyboard letter repeat problem. 1.4.1 stock fixed it then Super PreKernel broke it now Uber1G fixed it back.
    Typing on my VZW Pre Plus has gone from nightmare to dream.
    Yes, absolutely no-one should be running SuperPreKernel any more.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    well that isn't the case for many of us who use our phones often for work and school. So in cases like that, 8 hrs is waaay too long to go without having to swap for a fresh new battery or touchstone every other hour. 3-4 hrs or sometimes even less into using my phone, I am already nearing 20% and it hasn't even reached 1-2pm in the afternoon. And I still have 4-5 hrs left in my schedule.

I'm shopping for batteries.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

lol i thought i was having a battery drain problem too. but i realized i was so excited to have my phone overclocked at 1ghz i was on it more than i usually am doing a lot more heavy multitasking. but now a few days later i'm back to normal use and battery seems actually better
    that's what i get for being over excited lol
    while it isn't a fix (the Pre does need a larger battery and I really hope the Pre 2 will offer an incredibly large sized one), a workaround is to just purchase a few extra touch stones. I have one in my vehicle, one at home and one at work. Since it's so easy to drop the Pre on there and take it off, I rarely find myself without enough juice.

In fact, the Uberkernel is working great on my Pre right now, but I only wish I could modify the lowest settings for screenstate. I tried changing it to 600Mhz instead of 500, (when the pre is on the charger), however it just sets itself to 500 anyway. The problem I have is that I use my phone on my touchstone quite often. Now that it's even slower on the touchstone (a stock pre from Verizon is set to 600, no?), I don't like to keep it on my charger for long. A catch 22...
    Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post
    Now that it's even slower on the touchstone (a stock pre from Verizon is set to 600, no?), I don't like to keep it on my charger for long. A catch 22...
    A stock pre from any carrier is 500. Though pdk games run at 600.

Pip
    Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post
    while it isn't a fix (the Pre does need a larger battery and I really hope the Pre 2 will offer an incredibly large sized one), a workaround is to just purchase a few extra touch stones. I have one in my vehicle, one at home and one at work. Since it's so easy to drop the Pre on there and take it off, I rarely find myself without enough juice.

In fact, the Uberkernel is working great on my Pre right now, but I only wish I could modify the lowest settings for screenstate. I tried changing it to 600Mhz instead of 500, (when the pre is on the charger), however it just sets itself to 500 anyway. The problem I have is that I use my phone on my touchstone quite often. Now that it's even slower on the touchstone (a stock pre from Verizon is set to 600, no?), I don't like to keep it on my charger for long. A catch 22...
    you could use the userspace setting under advanced settings/CPU frequency/Governor selection and your phone will run on whichever set speed you maxed it to while on the charger (set speed). Just be aware that you will experience more temp increases as you are using cellular radio usage and charging/discharging simultaneously. I also had the same complaint with the slugishness of the 500mhz while charging' performance, compared with the performance prior to overclocking or stock kernel performance at the same frequency while charging. I am used to using my old phones while charging with previous 'not so smart phones'. My smart phone has sacrificed so many things to be 'smart' but I like convenient also, nifty and clever.

I wonder what the 1.4.5 bretheren have experienced with the 'improved battery life' that HP/Palm announced with the update.

How has that 'improvement' been, if any, for you all?
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 09/01/2010 at 06:15 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I so want to install the Uberkernell, but can not get Preware to install. I followed the steps (updated java, installed webos quick install...)and webOS quick install still does not "see my pre plus." I have reinstalled novacom multiple times with no luck.

When I try to re-install novacom I first get a windows error message that says "system information has encountered an error and needs to close." After I close this the Novacom istallation progress bar comes up and then a Dos looking box opens and says "service removed" and then closes.

Any ideas of how to remedy?
    Quote Originally Posted by gdinger View Post
    I so want to install the Uberkernell, but can not get Preware to install. I followed the steps (updated java, installed webos quick install...)and webOS quick install still does not "see my pre plus." I have reinstalled novacom multiple times with no luck.

When I try to re-install novacom I first get a windows error message that says "system information has encountered an error and needs to close." After I close this the Novacom istallation progress bar comes up and then a Dos looking box opens and says "service removed" and then closes.

Any ideas of how to remedy?
    Is your Pre in Developer Mode ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Are there any "more secure" speeds then others? Like if I would like to set a slower speed for the night hours...

a) which speed should I use? 200? 250? 300?
    b) will it really help to save the battery?
    c) could the slower speed affect something? LIke the clock running slower? :-)

PS: Im willing to use the setting with modeswitcher - so the mode will be set and the speed changed...