1.    #1  
    After not being able to get on the internet for a couple of days I called ATT tech support. While I was on the phone with them my internet, of course, started working again. Since it was working again I proceeded to play around on the internet. While I am sitting here all fat, dumb, and happy playing around on the computer my wife asks me if the internet is working again and I told her yes. As soon as she switched on the Wifi on her Pre both my desktop and my laptop stayed connected to the router but lost the internet connection. Apparently, when I activate the Wifi either on my Pre or my wife's Pre at home it kills the internet access to all devices connected to my ATT Uverse Wireless router/gateway. Even the phones connect to the router but I can't get any internet access. As soon as we turn the Wifi off on the Pre all the devices are able to connect to the internet again. It is not a huge deal because we have great Sprint service at home and using 3g is fine but it would be nice to be able to connect to my Wifi network at home. Does anyone have a similar problem or know what might be causing this???
    Twitter: @PK1030
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    I have U-verse and a palm pre plus using the RG's wifi, and have seen nothing like this.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    I don't have this problem with uverse either. Maybe you have too many devices connected?
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    most wireless routers can support up to 32 devices i believe so to many shouldnt be the problem. when they came and set up the wireless did they enable extra protection like, blocking mac addresses? try resetting the router by unplugging it and waiting about 10 sec or so. (you probably have done this already)
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    We have 4 Pre's in my family along with Uverse. I know for sure we've had 3 of them on wifi simultaneously, & maybe 4. No problems with it or kicking any other device off (PC, iPod Touch).
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for all the responses. It is very weird and I can't figure it out. I think I will try resetting the router a few more times and see if that works.
    Twitter: @PK1030
    I've had this issue over the last few weeks, or at least something like it. I can connect to wifi with a laptop, both of our Palm Pres, but I won't be able to get on the internet. I have to reboot the router and then typically I can connect to the wifi and get to the internet. However, I'm so very sick of having to do this everyday. Any thoughts?