1.    #1  
    Im trying to find a solution to this problem. I thought it was only a bug in my previous phone but its screwing up my current phone. during or receiving calls my phone will emit a horrendous static crackling noise that i used to fix when i slide my phone up and down but now i have to squeeze my phone together and it still doesnt help make it clear.....help? topic calls typo:X
    It really sounds like there is something wrong with the phones you are getting.

Have you dropped them?

Do you have anything installed that will affect your phone calls?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Do you hold your phone with your shoulder?
    Do you have a screen protector on it? Is there something obstructing the speaker?
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  4.    #4  
    @ verwon i have dropped it but it couldnt have caused it since the 3rd one went crackling/staticy calls in only a week -_- and only helicopter app and weather channel

@jason black screens fine speakers fine, music and everything thats not a phonecall is great no crackling or anything
    I'd call my carrier them and see if they can fix or replace, that is definitely not an issue that people have reported regularly and it doesn't seem as if it would be software related.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I have this same issue-- all the other sounds on my Pre work beautifully, whether through the speaker or the headphones. Ringtones, music, app sounds, etc, all play perfectly. The only thing that doesn't work is the same type of static/crackling that Jman is getting, only when I make or receive a phone call. The person on the other end of the call can hear me fine, but I either hear nothing or crackling. This happens when I am on speaker, headset, bluetooth (in my car), or just using the phone. I have to tap it or squeeze it to get it to work. I'm really hoping that HP/Palm releases that new phone for Sprint in October, because I'm not sure how much longer I can wait before getting a new phone!