1.    #1  
    So, I've recently purchased a few new games. MiniSquadron, Angry Birds, Galcon, etc. I'm discovering that they are absolute battery hogs. I'll use 80% of my battery just playing one for a half hour. Any other app (Crosswords, Sudoku, etc.) are fine, it just seems to be the latest crop of processor-hungry apps. Anyone else seeing this? Anything I can do about it? Is Uberkernel (screenstate 500/800) at fault?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/25/2010 at 08:52 PM. Reason: fixed typo in title
    they will burn your battery faster. They kick processor to 600 and you will be using the touch screen alot. There's really no way around it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    they will burn your battery faster. They kick processor to 600 and you will be using the touch screen alot. There's really no way around it.
    I'm sorry, but that wasn't the answer I wanted to hear. The answer I wanted was "Oh, that's easy. Install the new framistan app and you'll get 72 hours out of your battery!"
    I grabbed a Mugen 1400mAh battery a while back and am glad I did. These little buggers definitely take some power to run, but that's the nature of the beast when it comes to PDK gaming. The larger battery does come in handy (and fits under the TS back).
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Awesome View Post
    I'm sorry, but that wasn't the answer I wanted to hear. The answer I wanted was "Oh, that's easy. Install the new framistan app and you'll get 72 hours out of your battery!"
    LOL sorry to disappoint. I have found however, that with 1.4.5, i really don't need a custom kernel. the performance of the stock kernel seems adequate to me. Instead of running screenstate, maybe you should run a conservative govah, because all you need to run the games smoothly is 600 and 800 for other tasks is overkill IMO
    Where are you people getting PDK "caps" from? I want one!
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Where are you people getting PDK "caps" from? I want one!
    Typo in title has been fixed