Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I listed to a developer podcast and one of them said that overclocking can cause radio interference. The Uberkernal 500/800 screen-state is statistically supposed to be ok for most Pre's.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by tyea View Post
    I listed to a developer podcast and one of them said that overclocking can cause radio interference. The Uberkernal 500/800 screen-state is statistically supposed to be ok for most Pre's.

Help me what does that mean? I'm techno-dummy here. LOL!

I will be back in Tucson in a few hours and maybe I can get it fixed today. Otherwise for sure tomorrow.

I wanted to say thanks to all the help without all the slamming of the 'bad pre phone' comments...
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    Help me what does that mean? I'm techno-dummy here. LOL!

I will be back in Tucson in a few hours and maybe I can get it fixed today. Otherwise for sure tomorrow.

I wanted to say thanks to all the help without all the slamming of the 'bad pre phone' comments...
    You don't patch your phone, so it has nothing to do with your problem. The techno-literate, however, tend to fiddle with their phone and as the forums show, overclocking the phone to run at a higher frequency than it shipped with (in order to give the phone a much-needed speed boost) is a pretty common form of fiddling. So for people overclocking beyond 800mhz (the phone by default performs at 500mhz) and experiencing reception issues, try scaling back the overclock as it may help.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  4.    #24  
    I don't know what the freak 'overclocking' is
    I don't know what the freak 'overclocking' is
    Do you want to know?

If you don't know then it can't be part of your problem here.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    overclocking is a way to boost the processor speed of the phone. It makes the over all performance of the phone much smoother. Apps launch much faster. Overclocking also gets rid of the lags and stutters you may experience.
  7.    #27  
    Yeah I've never 'over clocked.'

BTW I went to the Sprint repair store and they thought it was the mic and/or ear piece. They replaced and that didn't fix. We figured out it was operator error that caused the situation (cheap generic charger) and I get a replacement Pre tomorrow.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by sothrowd08 View Post
    Overclocking also gets rid of the lags and stutters you may experience.
    I can truly say I don't notice any lags or stutters on my Pre.
    I can truly say I don't notice any lags or stutters on my Pre.
    Generally you will see that (lag/stutter) when scrolling through lists like the app catalog or music player. It will pause for a moment and the touch screen will seem unresponsive.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  10.    #30  
    Nope never experienced it or never noticed if it happened.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12