1.    #1  
    is there a patch for voice dialing or an app to do this ?
    No there's no api for mic access yet. Srry
    webOS 2.0 that is to be released sometime this fall/early winter with have the API's for mic access.
    it will arrive in the next few releases. That's the beauty of OTA updates. They can add new fearures automagically while you sleep. Just like they added video record and edit a few months ago.
    There's a temporary Palm Pre voice dialing solution using a Voice Controlled Bluetooth Headset or Speaker similar to the BlueAnt's V1 or S2.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I wondered what the problem was. I keep talking and talking to my phone and it does nothing. Oh wait, that's my kids.

Hopefully one day at least voice dialing and voice notation.

I don't believe there is any guarantee that the mic API will be opened in 2.0. I consider that like Flash - a moving target.
    Dan
    FWIW: I wrote about my experience with Voice On The Go with a Jawbone ICON here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-voice-go.html

Another member chimed in about Blueant, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    I wondered what the problem was. I keep talking and talking to my phone and it does nothing. Oh wait, that's my kids.

Hopefully one day at least voice dialing and voice notation.

I don't believe there is any guarantee that the mic API will be opened in 2.0. I consider that like Flash - a moving target.
    Yes, because in reality the Pre listens and responds a lot better and you can make it do what you want!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I have never had a phone which did voice dialing well, so I haven't missed it in the Pre.

If you just need to voice dial while driving, there are solutions which do not require that capability in the phone. For example, I use the Parrot minikit speakerphone in my car. The minikit downloads your entire contact list and can dial any entry on voice command. Neat and works very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    There's a temporary Palm Pre voice dialing solution using a Voice Controlled Bluetooth Headset or Speaker similar to the BlueAnt's V1 or S2.
    yes, he would be looking for any bluetooth with (A2DP) Advanced Audio Distribution Profile. you"ll love it. it streams audio and audio from video etc. right to your hear. no more wire head sets needed to listen to your content in public.