Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    So I found another thread with this problem, but the issue was never resolved, so here we go again.

I have a lot of Alarms on my Pre. I do this to ensure that I wake up. I do 5 alarms for one time, namely one 15 minutes before the desired time, and then one at the time, plus another for the next 5 minutes until 15 after. I usually have 3 wakeup times during a week, so I have a total of 15 alarms. No matter what, when I first make an alarm, it works great, but after a while, they just stop going off! I have used two Pres with this feature, both had this problem. I am on the latest firmware, but I do have a slew of patches and Uberkernel (though none of the patches relate to the clock/alarm app)

As an example, this morning, the alarm went of just fine at 6, but the 5 45 one did not sound (or I may have slept through it, not 100% sure) But the 6 05 did not go off, nor did any others! I looked at my phone at 6 08, and the notification said that the next alarm would be at 6 10, that day, but it did not sound, same with the 6 15. What is up with that!

So I pose a question, has anyone else had this problem? Is it because I have too many alarms? Is there a certain patch that interferes with the Alarm, or even the Kernel? I would love to know what on earth is going on. Thank you very much.
    I've had the same problem, and have it set up lik you. I have problems waking up... which is not good for the job

like you i have one for 15 minutes before and one for the time i actuallyw ant to wake up. (i have a seperate alarm clock for a few minutes after as well, but thats irrelevant)

for some reason one, or both, of the alarms will randomly stop working... i have no clock/alarm/calendar/other scheduling type patches installed.

i don't havea ny insight on the problem, just providing information in case it helps
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    ditto, been a problem with every pre i have had, even before patching. The alarm NEVER works the 1st time and then will work 85-90% of the time the rest of the time.
    I have no idea what can be causing this issue. My Pre is OC'd and running 44 patches. I have used it for an alarm every day now for almost 15 months and it has never once failed to go off.
    I have missed many alarms through the past year and it really sucks. This is one feature that if its not 100% working, dont put into the phone! I have been late to work because of this and is one reason I dont use the phone alarm as my only alarm, which really sucks. Please 2.0 fix this issue
    I believe these are known issues. Occaisionally the alarms all switch to 'off' and/or the volume goes to zero.

in those times where I must hear the alarm, I check al of that before turning out lights (especially the volume)...

and I use tealtime in addition to the palm alarm in hopes one of them will work.

and at home I use a real alarm clock until palm fixes this.
    One thing might be causing this is if you have poor reception or if you are using the app that puts your Pre in "airplane" mode at night. Your Pre needs to be connected to the network to keep it's clock synced.
    Quote Originally Posted by humulos View Post

So I pose a question, has anyone else had this problem? Is it because I have too many alarms? Is there a certain patch that interferes with the Alarm, or even the Kernel? I would love to know what on earth is going on. Thank you very much.
    Unfortunately, I can't say I do. I really don't think having more than one alarm, would cause this problem. There is that small possibility that their might be a patch conflict. But in order to know that.. you would have to delete all patches by using (EPR) in Preware. As for as kernels causing this problem. I doubt that, because then I would be having the same problem. :-) What I suggest is for you to run webos repair utility to check your phone for missing, and/or corrupt file(s).
    Here is the link: http://www.precentral.net/webos-repa...ew-best-friend
    Good Luck.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I have no idea what can be causing this issue. My Pre is OC'd and running 44 patches. I have used it for an alarm every day now for almost 15 months and it has never once failed to go off.
    You have some sort of magic Pre don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I believe these are known issues. Occaisionally the alarms all switch to 'off' and/or the volume goes to zero.

in those times where I must hear the alarm, I check al of that before turning out lights (especially the volume)...

and I use tealtime in addition to the palm alarm in hopes one of them will work.

and at home I use a real alarm clock until palm fixes this.
    Yeah, I can stare my phone straight in the face while it says "next alarm at" and still nothing... I may just start using my tablet instead.

Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    One thing might be causing this is if you have poor reception or if you are using the app that puts your Pre in "airplane" mode at night. Your Pre needs to be connected to the network to keep it's clock synced.
    No, that is not it at all, I get perfect reception in my room.

Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    Unfortunately, I can't say I do. I really don't think having more than one alarm, would cause this problem. There is that small possibility that their might be a patch conflict. But in order to know that.. you would have to delete all patches by using (EPR) in Preware. As for as kernels causing this problem. I doubt that, because then I would be having the same problem. :-) What I suggest is for you to run webos repair utility to check your phone for missing, and/or corrupt file(s).
    Here is the link: http://www.precentral.net/webos-repa...ew-best-friend
    Good Luck.
    Thanks for the tip! I used the repair tool just last week due to some theme mix-up, but I guess I could always try the patch remover... sigh, I hate doing that so much, but it is worth a shot!
    I always felt the alarm thing was caused by the same kind of bizarre situation that would cause the TMC error when there were no cards open

A resource running in the background somehow causes the alarm to be marked as dismissed before it actually goes off. That is, you set a recurring alarm for 6 am, Monday through Friday. The alarm app places a procedure in memory to generate an alarm at 6:00 am the next day and then has no further association with it. However, that procedure either never gets saved or somehow gets knocked out before it can execute. The alarm/clock app gets no notification of this so it just shows that an alarm is set and ready. Meanwhile, you're late for work.

I guess a real world equivalent is you fax your lunch order to the local asian restaurant. You get a receive receipt, so you think you're good to go. However, the fax machine at the restaurant was out of toner, so it prints a blank sheet and no one notices it in the stack of lunch orders. 12:30 rolls around and you're craving egg rolls, but the restaurant says they never got your order.

Something in the background has been breaking alarms since day 1 and in 15 months there's no fix for it...
  11. xeb
    I just started getting this problem too. Don't use airplane mode and have full bars of reception in my bedroom. Some days the alarm just doesn't go off (it's def not running silently as I've woken up a few times just before it should go off and watched as the clock ticks past 8am and nothing happens)

I've also noticed that sometimes my 8am alarm goes off at 7:58am ?!?!

I am NOT HAPPY with this
    I got my Pre the middle of July alarm worked fine for alittle while then I thought I must have turned it off and didn't remember, got up for work alittle late. It did it again the next day. Timepiece was suggested so I put that app on my phone and it works perfect. I don't use the Pre alarm anymore.
    Timepiece is awesome plugged into my Bose speakers on my nightstand, nice and loud!
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.