Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I really need to know anyone of the Pre owners who are truly happy with their Pre's when they haven't been modified in any way. The reason I ask is because I can't imagine not patching my Pre or overclocking it. The Pre is so boring when left stock, but I completely understand whoever doesn't want to spend the time learning how to add patches when Palm should have by now implemented these patches into the OS.

With all of the hard work these developers have contributed for free, I am really disappointed in Palm for completely dropping the ball with this device and WebOS. What a let down. That's why I started this thread. If there are truly happy stock Pre owners out there, let your voice be heard as to what it is that has kept you with the Pre. Like I said, I would have gotten rid of mine a long time ago if it wasn't for the geniuses who have spent so much of their time making the Pre better.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    70+ patches
    276 packages
    Last edited by Workerb33; 08/25/2010 at 09:24 AM.
    175 installed packages.....35 of those are patches....and albeit a phone that could have used a lot more....very glad of the fact that something like Preware and webOS internals was capable and is a reality
    almost 400 packages...90 or so patches
    Last edited by wushu2004; 08/25/2010 at 10:16 AM.
    Patched (about 40) & Overclocked here. Right now looking for ways of getting the most battery possible tweaking everything

I don't imagine me with another phone
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    295 packages, 46 are patches and I am overclocking. Stock Pre was nice for the first three days but Preware, WebosInternal and all the WEBOS community is what keeps me with Palm. They are the best.
    60 patches, themed, OC'ed, etc.

I'd much rather have a phone that I can customize to suit me, than being stuck with one from a company that forces me to have it the way they think I should, and even would like to be able to disable it if I don't use it as they see fit.
    Stock palm pre (sprint), approx 70 apps only. Use quite heavily as it is my only phone line & my only connection to internet. Canned at&t both landline and the dsl about 3 months after I got pre. Usually avg 5+ gig/mo of data, never even use all my 450 min phone. Working fine for me except ts back quit a bit ago. When I find one for 5 or 6 bucks I'll replace it.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by garos09 View Post
    Stock palm pre (sprint), approx 70 apps only. Use quite heavily as it is my only phone line & my only connection to internet. Canned at&t both landline and the dsl about 3 months after I got pre. Usually avg 5+ gig/mo of data, never even use all my 450 min phone. Working fine for me except ts back quit a bit ago. When I find one for 5 or 6 bucks I'll replace it.
    Yes! A stock Pre owner! So you still kept your Pre with all of the missing features such as 'call duration' and 'text message time stamps' and the 50 or so other missing features that dumb phones have?

So, have you ever considered patching and other things modifications?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    I havne't modified it yet, but only had it a few weeks (AT&T Pre Plus)

Kinda hoping 1.4.5 comes out first before I do that, dunno, still new to me.
    I liked my O.K. when it was stock.

I just like it a whole lot better with patches & Uberkernal.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    My wife still uses hers with one single patch, the no animation patch. Otherwise, she's perfectly happy with the original form of the Pre.
    I can’t imagine going back to stock after I have patched my Palm Plus to perform exactly the way I want it to.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I couldn't be happier with my Pre stock, with just a couple free apps from the catalog....

Just playin!

- Overclocked to 1GHz with F105
    - 50+ Patches
    Im one of the lighter patchers here I think. Ive only found 6 patches that I really like and need. Have tried many more and just didnt feel they fit for me. So 6 patches, Uberkernal, Govnah and 87 apps. That app count was quite a bit higher before I switched from Pre to Pixi+ though since I had a good number of 3D games on my Pre. I think I lost a good 25 or so apps.
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I couldn't be happier with my Pre stock, with just a couple free apps from the catalog....

[IMG]

Just playin!

- Overclocked to 1GHz with F105
    - 50+ Patches
    Nice! You had me going until I got to the bottom of the post.
    Quote Originally Posted by garos09 View Post
    You can get a TS and Car charger bundle from Verizon online with Free overnight shipping for $10 right now. I just bought two yesterday.

To be on topic... 113 installed packages total. 62 apps, 1 kernel, 4 Linux Apps, 42 patches and 4 services.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    i liked mine stock. i'd have been quite happy to keep it that way and just upgrade to whatever new webOS device comes out. but, since we can tailor the phone to our individual taste, why the heck not do it?
    My Pre Plus was stock for approximately 1 day. Then I patched the crap out of it.

Wish I could patch 1.4.5 on so I could use all the ultra cool PDK apps...
    I liked my Pre when it was stock, but that was a different phone. Now with the UK, 56 patches, a theme and 242 packages, I could not imagine using another phone. I love my Pre.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast