Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    F that, patches allow this phone to be more efficient in it's use *** would I say no to that... ?
    I finally got WOSQI to work on my PC and homebrewed my Pre for the first time after the 1.4.5 update. Overclocked, patched, and (most importantly) put a sweet Chicago Bears theme on it!!!
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Glass effect theme
    190 + Packages/Apps
    75 + Patches
    OC with Uber

Had to Dr 4 times one weekend due to random wipe issue... it took some time to get back
    IIIxe -> Handera 330 -> Tungsten C -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre-, Pre2 & Touchpad 32

http://about.me/robert.whisler
    liked the stock pre well-enough, except the build quality...but patches, tweaks and apps make this my phone in look and function....I like that! The folks that have developed the stuff are the bomb! Hell I even donated some $, and I don't do that. On sprint with 46 packages and uberK...HPalm needs to keep it open just house it in something like new blackberry and avoid that horizontal keyboard.
    im heavily modded and OC'd
    My original Pre is also heavily patched and modded. Running OC/Uberkernal.

I think this a main reason this phone hasn't taken off in the public. The stock is too slow and lacks these obvious patched features.

Note: I went to Best Buy last weekend and ask the rep for a Palm phone. She said they stopped carrying them b/c they kept getting returned for something else.
    I like both. Stock pre and Enhance pre. However, if I have to choose... It would definitely be enhance.
    I think this screencap says it better than I ever could!!

preware_2010-25-08_092623.png
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Stock Pre+. Does everything I need it to. No need to change anything.
    Patched wouldn't have it any other way.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    You can get a TS and Car charger bundle from Verizon online with Free overnight shipping for $10 right now. I just bought two yesterday.

To be on topic... 113 installed packages total. 62 apps, 1 kernel, 4 Linux Apps, 42 patches and 4 services.
    Do you have the address for the TS charger deal at Verizon. My friend just purchased a Pre Plus and needs a TS charger. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Do you have the address for the TS charger deal at Verizon. My friend just purchased a Pre Plus and needs a TS charger. Thanks
    No, the links don't work well. Just go to Verizon.com look for Pre Plus accessories, look at Desktop Chargers and under the regular TS you will see the bundled deals.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    No, the links don't work well. Just go to Verizon.com look for Pre Plus accessories, look at Desktop Chargers and under the regular TS you will see the bundled deals.
    I found this under desktop chargers:

But it is $19.99 now, I guess the sale is off for now, still not a bad price though.

Can't cut and paste the address.
    I've got a stock Sprint Pre....I've always meant to 'modify' it, but something more pressing always seems to take up my time. (I realize it doesn't take much time in and of itself) I'm pretty happy with it anyway...of course it would be nicer to run faster and all that, but I think sometimes we forget just how much better the stock webOS is than most (if not all) of the other mobile OS's out there...so I'm content to stay stock...for now....
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I found this under desktop chargers:

But it is $19.99 now, I guess the sale is off for now, still not a bad price though.

Can't cut and paste the address.
    Hmm, I just looked on my Pre and the offers below the one you mentioned are gone. Sorry, they were there yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    I really need to know anyone of the Pre owners who are truly happy with their Pre's when they haven't been modified in any way. The reason I ask is because I can't imagine not patching my Pre or overclocking it. The Pre is so boring when left stock, but I completely understand whoever doesn't want to spend the time learning how to add patches when Palm should have by now implemented these patches into the OS.

With all of the hard work these developers have contributed for free, I am really disappointed in Palm for completely dropping the ball with this device and WebOS. What a let down. That's why I started this thread. If there are truly happy stock Pre owners out there, let your voice be heard as to what it is that has kept you with the Pre. Like I said, I would have gotten rid of mine a long time ago if it wasn't for the geniuses who have spent so much of their time making the Pre better.
    I'm using a stock Pre but NOT because I love it as stock but because I need it that way for developing apps. If anyone wants to send me a free Pre to play with and patch the heck out of...
    I'm overclocked and Patched out......question, i know quite a few people who are still running stock......how to do get them to understand and not be afraid of the warranty issues.......most aren't as happy as they could be with their phone and I keep telling them to do it and you'll love it....any suggestions??
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    After tweaking mine, I can't imagine going back.

I have installed the UberKernel, running on the Screenstate preset (800 MHz when in use, 500 MHz when the screen is off or the phone is charging). I have no hard evidence to back it up, but things do seem a bit zippier. And if they're not, well, I feel cooler with a tricked out kernel.

According to Preware, I have 37 installed packages:

19 Applications (Backgrounds, Blackjack, Bubbles! Free, Card Ace: Blackjack, Elizabethan Insult Generator, Facebook, Govnah, Internalz, LED Torch, Music Player (Remix), Pandora, Preware (duh), RadioTime, RimShot, Spades, Sports Calendar, The Weather Channel, Translator, WxRad)

12 Patches (4x4 Icons v5, Add Date - MM/DD, Additional Days for Syncing Mail, Battery Icon and Percent, Capture with Volume Keys, Character Counter, Delete From Notification, Enable Add/Delete Pages, Faster Card Animations (Express), SMS Tone per Contact, Video Downloads, Virtual Keyboard)

I think my favorite patch is the Faster Card Animations...that alone makes the phone seem blazingly fast. The Character Counter is something that the phone should already have. 4x4 Icons is also another feature the OS should already have. Most of the patches I have enable functionality that, quite frankly, should already be part of the OS. Thus I couldn't imagine living without them.
    I am running 44 patches, OC'd with Screenstate 500/800 and love how you can customize your phone for your personal tastes. Great hardware, my Pre is going on 15 months now and everything still works fine, no issues what so ever.
    this should be a poll
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast