1.    #1  
    trying to get my pre exchanged at the sprint store due to static problems on my phone.
    how long did it take for people to get their phones back? was it very hard?
    thanks.
    I would ask them to exchange it for the new samsung epic. It arrives on Sept 1st and won't have any of the problmes you are experiencing. I have pre-ordered mine.

If you are a business customer. You can call *2 and the people can help you iwth your phone.
    If you need to go into the store. and you are under warranty if can usually be replaced within the hour.
  3.    #3  
    thanks former fan... i am about to me a former fan too ... i would love to be able to exchange my phone (which i bought late january) with the new epic.. or any other droid phone for that matter... but i doubt they will let me w/out charging me a billion dollars
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Former Fan View Post
    I would ask them to exchange it for the new samsung epic. It arrives on Sept 1st and won't have any of the problmes you are experiencing. I have pre-ordered mine.

If you are a business customer. You can call *2 and the people can help you iwth your phone.
    If you need to go into the store. and you are under warranty if can usually be replaced within the hour.
    I would ask for another Pre, then play the crap out of Angry Birds.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkish View Post
    trying to get my pre exchanged at the sprint store due to static problems on my phone.
    how long did it take for people to get their phones back? was it very hard?
    thanks.
    If it's under warranty and they have some new or refurbs on hand... 15 minutes at my local Sprint Store.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  6.    #6  
    thanks everyone.

at first they were going to ship me a refurb but they realized that my problem was worse than what i thought it was... so they gave me a new one at the store.
    transfering the data was the one that look forever. had a lot of pics due to my wallpaper app. (might be time to change it).
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    when you exchanged it was it just the phone or everything that came with it
    From what I just read the warranty is 90 days only. I don't have insurance and I've had my phone for 8 months and I the earpiece doesn't work(I have to use speaker and no it's not a software issue or the headset issue everyone has dealt with). If I goto Sprint complaining is there anyway I will get a refurb or replacement for free or a small fee? I have no money left.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by precon22 View Post
    when you exchanged it was it just the phone or everything that came with it
    When I got my refurb last month it was just the phone, they even had to install my old battery in it.
    Warranty is a year. I got a static problem a few days ago. My store didn't have any in stock when I went in on Friday. I get it exchanged tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortunado View Post
    From what I just read the warranty is 90 days only. I don't have insurance and I've had my phone for 8 months and I the earpiece doesn't work(I have to use speaker and no it's not a software issue or the headset issue everyone has dealt with). If I goto Sprint complaining is there anyway I will get a refurb or replacement for free or a small fee? I have no money left.

Thanks
    The warranty on a new Pre is 1 year, the warranty on all refurbs is 90 days.

If they do a warranty replacement at a Sprint store it shouldn't cost you anything. If you use your TEP (if you have it) via Asurion it will cost you $100.00
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups