Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Whenever I email someone, I get this error message saying 'unable to sign in, message from server security token 5 100 0' anyone have an idea of what this can be? Thanks guys
    hello Palml0ver and welcome...

what email account have you set up... gmail yahoo aol??

sometimes the out going server isnt properly set up

in your email setup make sure the ssl option is checked by security followed by bothj your username and password
  3.    #3  
    I have yahoo set up.. Can you explain a little more? Is that under preferences?
    with yahoo in order to send receive emails you need to pay for yahoo plus service.. if you do than goto Email> preferences & accounts > and tap on your yahoo email accoun scroll down and tap change login settings

Incoming Mail (POP3) Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com (Use SSL, port: 995)
    Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com (Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication)
    Account Name/Login Name: Your Yahoo! Mail ID (your email address without the "@yahoo.com")
    Email Address: Your Yahoo! Mail address (e.g., user@yahoo.com)
    Password: Your Yahoo! Mail password

check that you have those same settings

post a screen shot of your change login settings screen
  5.    #5  
    so I have to pay for the service in order to send emails? Because I did what you told me and changed everything, and now the inbox has a yellow exclamation mark
    well with yahoo if you are not paying you wont receive or send ... if you are paying than those are the settings.

have you tried setting up the account again fgrom scratch?
  7.    #7  
    well I'm not paying but I still receive.. Are all the other email services like that? Sorry for all these questions!
    no only yahoo... msn used to be but since they changed to Win live you dont need to pay if i recall correctly
    well if you are recieving than maybe we have something off... can you take a screenshot of your login settings by pressing Orange Button +Sym +P while in the change login settings page?

it will have your email in it so i would blurr it out or remove that if i where you
  10.    #10  
    ok I'll take a screen shot of how it is originally because before I put any of that stuff in I was still able to receive. Thanks so much for the help.
    i didnt know you had to pay for yahoo..... if thats the case i would set up free gmail accts instead
  12.    #12  
    well there is your problem take out the palm.
  14.    #14  
    ahh still doesn't work
    Hi, sorry you're having trouble setting up your Yahoo mail. It's supposed to be really easy, but sometimes that makes it harder!

You do not have to pay to send or receive Yahoo. The Yellow ! just means there's something wrong with your sign-in settings. It's a warning.

The error you're getting indicates that your email address isn't being understood by the server. Double-check that your email address is typed correctly.

If it is, take out the palm in front of the mail server settings (both).

Found some info, not sure if it helps:

You can click, Change Login Settings button to reveal the outgoing and incoming servers:

incoming server: palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    username: <full e-mail address w/ @ sign>
    port: 993
    encryption: ssl

outgoing server: palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    use authentication: on
    username: <yahoo id without @ sign>
    port: 465
    encryption: ssl
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Looks for the username/id you aren't supposed to have xxx@yahoo.com, but just xxx
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    your settings shoukd start with imap.mail.yahoo.com
    qnd smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by phixxyjoe View Post
    Hi, sorry you're having trouble setting up your Yahoo mail. It's supposed to be really easy, but sometimes that makes it harder!

You do not have to pay to send or receive Yahoo. The Yellow ! just means there's something wrong with your sign-in settings. It's a warning.

The error you're getting indicates that your email address isn't being understood by the server. Double-check that your email address is typed correctly.

If it is, take out the palm in front of the mail server settings (both).

Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    For what it's worth, those are the exact settings that I have and Yahoo works fine on my phone.

I do have intermittent issues with Yahoo (yellow triangle) but only once or twice a month.

If you haven't got it to work yet, you can always try deleting the account and setting it up again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast