1.    #1  
    I hope, hope, hope someone can help me. My pre is my connection to my husband when he is out of town, through email, and now it just isn't working. Every time I try to reply to one of his emails my pre freezes. The new card pops up but then freezes before anything can come up. Has anyone else had this problem, or know how to fix it? I need help desperately! I got this phone the first day they were available through AT&T and this is never happened before. Thanks!
    Is this a long, drawn out email? You know a string of responses to responses? If so, then this could be your issue, WebOS, for some reason, doesn't deal well with these long emails and gets very laggy.

If this could be it, then delete them from your Pixi and start a new email conversation on a regular basis.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by akashagermaine View Post
    I hope, hope, hope someone can help me. My pre is my connection to my husband when he is out of town, through email, and now it just isn't working. Every time I try to reply to one of his emails my pre freezes. The new card pops up but then freezes before anything can come up. Has anyone else had this problem, or know how to fix it? I need help desperately! I got this phone the first day they were available through AT&T and this is never happened before. Thanks!
    is this happening when you start a new email NOT a reply ?
    Quote Originally Posted by akashagermaine View Post
    Try rebooting your phone.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Has it happened when you reply to anyone else, or just his email address?
  6.    #6  
    Well thanks all, but now it's a moot point - late this afternoon, I unplugged my pre from my car charger. It was working when unhooked the connection, but about half an hour later when i went to check my mail it had turned off. thinking that the battery had simply died (I'm on an AT&T microcell, so it seems that the battery is always low) I put it on my touchstone, but twenty minutes later there was still nothing. I tried everything both my hubby and I could think of, but the pre seems to have died.
    To answer some of the questions though: it was a reply to a reply, but i have had longer strings in the past which never had a problem.
    I don't really email anyone except my hubby, simply because no one else i contact has a data plan.
    It is only on a reply, and it turns out that it was only on that strings' reply. I sent a new email and could reply to replies seemingly endlessly.

And the first thing i did was a reboot, ended up doing it five times. My hubby is a systems administrator and his advice is "first thing you do -- reboot!"

But thanks again.
    I think akash has stated exactly what you have to do. Last time, when I was suffering with kind of same problem, did that same trick, and it worked for me!
    With the help of Online Quran Classes, we can promote the teachings of Islam in all over the world.
    I just experienced this bug. My boss has a very clean ATT Palm Pre Plus (Brand new) and he was trying to reply to a long chain of replies and his Pre froze. So I forwarded that email to me and tried to reply to it on my Sprint Pre and the same thing happened to me. Is there a fix for this? Maybe a patch or something?
    This is clearly a bug. How do we report this to Palm?
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    This is clearly a bug. How do we report this to Palm?
    there's no official bug report, but you can post it on the palm forums at:

Palm Support Community - Palm Support Community

or, at their features & feedback page at:

Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA
    yup my pixi used to do this...it was only when replying to one specific email address...very weird and a restart did not help. Good thing I don't talk to this person on a regular basis otherwise I would be very frustrated right now
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    For what it's worth: the same happened to me a few days ago. It seemed to be at the approx 4-reply set mark that this happened (email +reply * 4 & then one more reply). That one would be really slow. When I tried to reply to a 5-reply set: the pre locked: Alt-sym-R didn't work: it took the power switch + ringer toggle to reset.

In summary: very much a bug / should be quite repeatable. To work-around this: try to stick to 4-reply set threads or less.

Anyone know if this has been reported to Palm?
    it's the signature. Some peoples signatures freeze up pre's. My brother works for microsoft and when I tried to to reply everything shuts down.
    Quote Originally Posted by hangman0000 View Post
    it's the signature. Some peoples signatures freeze up pre's. My brother works for microsoft and when I tried to to reply everything shuts down.
    It's not the signatures, because it will do it in emails without signatures. It just has to do with many emails that are going back and forth.

It also isn't always at the 4 reply mark, it varies depending on the email provider.

When I email my doctor, it happens much faster than when I email my friend who uses MobileMe. The fastest I have had it happen is with Yahoo emails, so I just refuse to email anyone that uses it, anymore.

I've just gotten in the habit of starting a new email, every so often, when I am having a long conversation, which is most nights, when a friend and I are watching a movie. I just keep the same subject line.
    you know it could also be how much email is on your phone , i find that if i do not empty the trash folder after a while it becomes sluggish when using the email app !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you know it could also be how much email is on your phone , i find that if i do not empty the trash folder after a while it becomes sluggish when using the email app !
    Agreed -- FYI for reference to other readers (Shadavis -- I know you're aware of this), the topic of mail-related issues (possibly related to the trashcan) can be found at:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...77#post2778777
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    The slow performance issue happens with Listserv Digest mode emails as well. I have only had it "freeze" for an extended period of time once with digest emails that sometimes go over 80 replies deep.
    [QUOTE=cmahy;2795499]Agreed -- FYI for reference to other readers (Shadavis -- I know you're aware of this), the topic of mail-related issues (possibly related to the trashcan) can be found at:

[url]

I empty my trash all the time and it still does it with long emails.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    Agreed -- FYI for reference to other readers (Shadavis -- I know you're aware of this), the topic of mail-related issues (possibly related to the trashcan) can be found at:

[url]
    I empty my trash all the time and it still does it with long emails.
    Ditto
    Sorry to bring back the long deceased but this happened to my daughter. She doesn't have a txt plan and is on a prepaid (pageplus) plan and consequently treats email like chat. She locked her phone up twice in two days this way. Power button non-responsive - lock screen takes 5 mins to unlock (pin version) etc. I was racking my brain until I realized what was going on.

This is ridiculus to have out there as a bug a year later. Does anyone know if 2.x is better about this?