1.    #1  
    IDK if someone has posted something about this already but my girlfriend and i both have the Palm Pre Plus on Verizon. About a month ago we've noticed that every now and again the ear piece will stop working and the speaker phone will work just fine. We pull our batteries out and reset it and the earpiece works. Does anyone know how to fix this or even if they have heard of this happening before. Today it happen to my phone and when i reset it the earpiece still wont work. Thanks for any help or insight
    look for threads about being stuck in headset mode. Sometimes a battery pull helps. Sometimes blowing into the jack helps. etc.
    If it is stuck in headset mode (when you make a call the little speaker phone (on/off) button should look like headphones (will look like a phone if it's in front speaker mode)

What worked for me was to use a q-tip (you'll have to pull off a bit of cotton to make it fit) and use some alcohol (make sure to remove the battery). I'm at about two weeks now with no problem.
    I was just coming in right now to ask about this.. my wifes phone just started doing this. its complelty random when it happens.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...sound-fix.html

The thing that worked for me:

Spray a very small amount of WD-40 on a cotton-tipped swab (Q-Tips in the USA) and clean the earpiece hole with the swab.

Q-tipsŪ

WD-40 claims:

"WD-40 protects metal from rust and corrosion, penetrates stuck parts, displaces moisture, and lubricates just about anything."

WD-40 Lubricates, Cleans, Protects, Penetrates & Displaces Moisture
    This makes me so mad - I have had to do this everytime I use the headphones -defeats the purpose of having it for mp3 player because of the problem - twice it was unrepairable, had to get new phone.

I have tried everything on those lists, the qtip is best solution, but be sure you have insurance - I always feel like I'm going to break something else.
    You know what... This happens to me too!!!
    But its NOT stuck in headset mode! (And I know when it is, I fixed it like 100 times already!

IDK how to fix it sometimes I have to toggle between speaker and earpiece soometimes that works sometimes it doesnt but I can rarely speak on the phone w/ out using my speaker
    Quote Originally Posted by gsonspre View Post
    You know what... This happens to me too!!!
    But its NOT stuck in headset mode! (And I know when it is, I fixed it like 100 times already!

IDK how to fix it sometimes I have to toggle between speaker and earpiece soometimes that works sometimes it doesnt but I can rarely speak on the phone w/ out using my speaker
    if you can't use it any way but headset or speakerphone... then yes, you are stuck in headset mode.
    I have had two Pre's develop intermittent connections in the slider. When pressure is applied in the right place the ear piece would work. Both were replaced under warranty. In both instances the phone would also wake up (not unlock) from applying slight pressure to the screen.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Just had a problem with my earpiece on the pre. couldn't figure it out and was almost ready to buy a new one. Then got frustrated and said to my son and his friend that I should beat it agains the table and see if it fixes it. I was just frustrated enough do it so I beat the phone 4/5 times flat against the table. It now works. not sure who else this will work for but just wanted to let you know.