1.    #1  
    Guys,

Got Pre Plus from US AT&T, brand new. Willing to get working on o2 network here in UK. When I put in UK sim card, its asking for network unlock code. Sounds easy, but after buying Nextgenserver.com unlock solution then found out phone needs to be activated before you can unlock. Any suggestions how to activate?

Thanks.
    If you had done a search on here, you'd have discovered the MetaDoctor, that allows you to do this.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-lot-more.html

Search is your friend!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    If you had done a search on here, you'd have discovered the MetaDoctor, that allows you to do this.

Search is your friend!
    Thats is very like rocket science for me. Are there any more solutions - more user friendly?
  4.    #4  
    I don`t understand whats going on - turned phone off, then back on and its not asking for unlock code but offering create profile. Whats going on ?
  5.    #5  
    Guy,

its brand new, package was sealed. Will give it a try in a minute Thank you.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    If it asks for network unlock code upon first boot, and upon reboot you get the Profile Creation, I'm pretty sure it has been activated in the States.
    Perhaps the seller just activated it to make sure it functioned properly.
    You'll be sure when you go into the App Catalog. Tap on the icon in the lower right corner and in the following screen tap Preferences and accounts in the left top menu.
    If you can only create a US/CA/MX account, it's been activated in the States.
    Can phone be activated without opening package?
  7.    #7  
    The package can be resealed

And excuse your fellow forum members for getting a bit snarky before about searching the forum and flying to the US, when in fact it's them who haven't been paying attention in class
    I just did Palm Activation bypass tool and now I`m in the phone Will do Konami code to enter dev mode and try using Nextgenserver. Stand by Guy

I did search in Google, but no easy and stright forward solutions came to my attention. I`m just a guy who felt in love with Pre, no guru on this side.
  8.    #8  
    I did follow Nextgen manual saying to enter dev mode, rebooted in "Just charge", tried unlocking but got this error saying Data collection error, check drivers.

Novacom drivers are installed.
  9.    #9  
    Open a ticket at Next Gen support.
    Or search for a thread called ' I finally unlocked my Pre'
    All info is in that thread.
    Exchanging emails now, still no success
  10.    #10  
    Yahooooooooooo! After trying 10 times, LUCK Unlocked now. Just need to do few last steps to quite developer mode.

But next problem is not far away - its running 1.4.2. Upgrading to 1.4.5.
  11.    #11  
    DIAG, not Developer mode.
    Upgrading is no problem. Unlock is untouched by update, erase or webos doctor.

oh and CONGRATS!
    I just followed all the steps in Nextgen instruction - all worked fine. Tomorrow I will try to connect to my wireless router and update to 1.4.5.

Thank you for your help today
  12.    #12  
    ---
    Last edited by depo; 08/24/2010 at 06:06 PM.