Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mjpuczko View Post
    i should probably take off my overclocking though ;-)
    I wouldn't. I just got a replacement the day before yesterday. I left everything on while they checked it out. When I knew they were going to replace it I just did a full secure erase before handing it over to protect my data.

All of the employees at my Sprint Store that have Pre's have them tweaked out as well.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    ah, ok. really hope htey just replace it. i also have the oreo effect going on too.
    no luck. brought it in, they said it's under warranty. went to pick it up & he said there's preware on it, that voids your warranty. grrrr! what are my chances of taking preware off & bringing it to another sprint store? there's one right by my house. otherwise it's $119 to replace.
    contact Palm or just do what you said. Preware DOES NOT VOID THE WARRANTY. They don't know what they are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    contact Palm or just do what you said. Preware DOES NOT VOID THE WARRANTY. They don't know what they are talking about.
    huh. he specifically told me it voids the warranty. should i call them back?

edit;
    just called the store i took it to & told them i found info from palm that preware does not void warranty. he said bring it back in with some documentation of this. i think i'm just going to remove preware & take it to the other store. would the first store have documented i brought it in & that preware was on it? so the other store would see that?
    Last edited by mjpuczko; 08/25/2010 at 12:41 PM.
    i just spent the last hour trying to get sprint or palm to send me an email saying preware does not void warranty. no dice. they even told me over the phone it does NOT void the warranty. not sure what to do other than take off preware and try another store. so annoying.
    i just spent the last hour trying to get sprint or palm to send me an email saying preware does not void warranty. no dice. they even told me over the phone it does NOT void the warranty. not sure what to do other than take off preware and try another store. so annoying.
    Yep I would just back up everything and copy it to a PC then Dr. and take to a diff. Sprint
    Store.

Ignorance can be educated but arrogance/stuborness is hard to overcome.
    Yep I would just back up everything and copy it to a PC then Dr. and take to a diff. Sprint
    Store.

Ignorance can be educated but arrogance/stuborness is hard to overcome.
    omg. i just called the sprint store i was going to take it to and asked about preware. the tech had no idea what it was.
    omg. i just called the sprint store i was going to take it to and asked about preware. the tech had no idea what it was.

So remove it and drive over there before his shift is over.
    So remove it and drive over there before his shift is over.
    oh, i'm definitely doing that. preparing to doctor right now. hoping to get there shortly! just hope my previous sprint store visit doesn't show up. ;-)
    funny. took it to the other store. the rep called the tech, asked if it's an easy fix or just replace. tech said: probably just replace. so, new pre (or refurb) showing up tomorrow. awesome.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post

Could you please post the final diagnosis once you get your phone back? It's really weird, but even the part about the entire touchscreen failing just sounds like what my phone does - but like I said, mine does it completely at random, maybe once a month or so. If that.
    I've tried letting it sit for an hour, tried java restarts, tried luna restarts, but nothing works; the only thing that does work is switching the phone off (I can be a bit OCD I guess, because I usually do a battery pull whenever doing a full shutdown, to blow dust out of the battery pit) and restarting. But the shutdown/battery pull works every time, without fail.

The symptoms really do seem to be the same, I just wonder why your phone just suddenly, permanently became that way while my phone has been doing it sporadically for ages but only as an easily revertible fluke.
    i asked the guy if the Tech knew what was wrong with it, and he said no. But i think they opened it up and messed with something...which made the problem extend from my gesture area up to my entire screen.

They just ordered me a replacement so we'll prolly never know what happened.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12