Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I've noticed that my always-terrible battery life has dropped dramatically in the last few weeks. Then I discovered that the screen was turning on whenever it gets touched. It doesn't unlock, but I'm sure this is happening a lot when it's in my pocket. And I'm sure it's sucking the life out of the battery. Anybody else had this happen?

I hope Palm comes out with some new hardware soon. I love the OS, and would love to see it in something worthy of its greatness. I'm hanging on by a thread here!
    sounds like something is pushing on your power button or sliding your keyboard open just a bit. Try leaving it out of your pocket for a few days.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Actually, I can recreate it by setting it on a table and barely touching it with my finger. It didn't used to do this, so I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to.
    Quote Originally Posted by gdgates View Post
    Actually, I can recreate it by setting it on a table and barely touching it with my finger. It didn't used to do this, so I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to.
    Yep, that's bad. Are you still under warranty?
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Not sure if it's still under warranty. Had this one since October. I guess I'll just keep out of my pocket and pray for a new Palm before the end of the year!
    warranty is 12 months. get it replaced. call your carrier.
    This is a contact problem between the two halves. In time it will cause your earpiece speaker to cut out or not work at all.

I received my 6th Pre yesterday from Sprint for this very issue. (2nd one for this issue since Jul. 09).

But unlike the EVO I got Saturday, the replacement Pre's haven't cost me anything for over a year. So I'm good with it, but looking forward to the next gen WebOS device.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Speaking of battery life, I use the hell out of my phones, I just switched from t-mobile using a MyTouch 3.5mm jack, and can go approx 9 hours without charging it. I just switched to vz wireless, and cant even go 4 without needing to charge. The phone is only 3 days old. I havent installed anything on it except for Facebook. Is this normal for this phone? I have been seeing alot of users dont have good battery life.
    heavy web use will use up battery on any smartphone. especially true with how fun it is to use the pre. you should buy a 2600mAh or 3800mAh aftermarket battery for heavy usage like you describe.

Also, there is a great thread here that discusses battery saving tips. You will also find your battery improves a bit after it has been drained and charged a few times.

Finally, Verizon is clearing out touchstone+auto adapter bundles at $9.99 and free fedex shipping. Put a touchstone on every flat surface you can find so you can refresh the battery...

I hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    heavy web use will use up battery on any smartphone. especially true with how fun it is to use the pre. you should buy a 2600mAh or 3800mAh aftermarket battery for heavy usage like you describe.

Also, there is a great thread here that discusses battery saving tips. You will also find your battery improves a bit after it has been drained and charged a few times.

Finally, Verizon is clearing out touchstone+auto adapter bundles at $9.99 and free fedex shipping. Put a touchstone on every flat surface you can find so you can refresh the battery...

I hope that helps.

OOOO I have 4 touchstones already, greatest thing EVER! i hear some of the higher mAh batteries arent compatible with the touchstones. I do need to learn how to dr my phone i suppose, been trying to follow, but get confused. Should be fun! But during normal use, I suppose I should have asked instead, how long do "all readers out there" your phones last?
    any battery should work with it. You have to get an extra back and there is a guy around here that will put the touchstone guts into the 2600mAh back for $50.

I get about 8-10 hours of medium use with a stock battery. I get 2 days from the 2600. Heavy use is more like 5 hours and 10 hours.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Since I'm using the web no more than I ever have, I'm pretty sure it's the screen staying on that's doing it. But that's a great tip on the Touchstone. Was going to do the Radio Shack deal a while back, but couldn't find any locally.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Do you have a link for the Verizon bundle? Went to their website, and I only found the charger for $20 and the back for $10.
    another big drain is scrolling large pages. until they enable the GPU, the CPU is really working hard to paint that in real time. there is a patch that gives you short cut keys for top and bottom, and in landscape you can use the gesture area for page up/page down.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Found it. Under bundles!
    Where is that Bundle again?
    I'm looking at Verizon Wireless online store, Outlet, everywhere, and I can't find it
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFord View Post
    I'm looking at Verizon Wireless online store, Outlet, everywhere, and I can't find it
    Look for Accesories then narrow it by selecting Palm, then Pre Plus, then chargers, then underneath the TouchStone will be bundles...
    BAD LINK 1

BAD LINK 2

These links worked when I first posted them....

Lets try this one..

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...atName=Desktop Chargers
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 08/24/2010 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Links broken
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFord View Post
    It is difficult to find... In the middle left under the HUGE droid ad, ahem, click on accessories under Products and Plans, then middle right under the ad, click on browse bundles under more accessories.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    So the charger and the car charger are bundled for $10. The inductive back is still $20. Anybody know where to get the back for cheap? Seems odd that it would be twice as much as the dock.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast