1.    #1  
    EDIT: Nvm, I figured out how to delete an event. Checked the help file. (duh)

But my other question still remains. Should I use the palm profile for my calendar? Or one of my google accounts. I like the idea of google calendar being editable online and synced to my phone, but search results i've seen dictate nothing but problems between the pre and google calendar
    Last edited by grizzly_addams; 08/24/2010 at 09:01 AM.
    Open the event. pull down the calendar menu and choose delete. A glaring example of where Palm didn't stick with their own UI standards.

IMHO they should have swipe to delete on the screen, and swipe to page back/forward in the gesture area. One of the few places in webOS where you really have to use a menue to do something. But I can live with that.
    I don't know which Information You gathered regarding Google Calendar but
    I use 17 !!! Google Calendars, 15 being my "categories", one my toodledo Todos and one from my wife.

So long (since October last Year) everything is ok.

Regards
    Ralf
  4.    #4  
    TYVM for the reply. Orange+Tap the event in calendar view mode deletes it as well.

Any opinions on google calendar vs. palm profile calendar?
  5. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly_addams View Post
    TYVM for the reply. Orange+Tap the event in calendar view mode deletes it as well.

Any opinions on google calendar vs. palm profile calendar?
    Google calendar for sure, in my opinion....With a palm profile only calendar, you're at the mercy of Palm's back-up (which has been known to have had issues in the past), you can't access the calendar from anywhere else (i.e. - if you lose your phone, damage your phone, don't have it handy, etc.). Other than privacy concerns, I can't really think of one good reason to pick the Palm profile calendar over a Google one, and, the way things are in the world of technology today with regards to cloud computing, while I understand the arguments that can be made against a Google calendar, I personally think that's just the way things have evolved, and it's here to stay. Personally, I have my business on Google Apps Premier, and I'm very happy with it.
    I've also had good luck with Google Calendar (and Contacts). I always recommend both to new users (unless you have some other specific need/preference for syncing). Although Palm Profile seems more solid now, it's had quite a few issues in the past and you have zero access or options external to webOS.

Calendar has occasional glitches in terms of syncing, but you have access via your browser and every issue I've seen/heard was resolved by simply deleting and re-adding the account. A fresh sync gets everything working again.