1.    #1  
    If you have seen lately, all over this forum I and others have asked if there is a way to get the Pre to connect to an http proxy server via wireless. What I have gather is no, it is not possible. I can't for some reason share my computer's ethernet connection with the Pre over the computer's wireless card. My last option is trying to share my computer's network connection with the Pre over Bluetooth. I spent all night setting up a bluetooth PAN in ubuntu (thank God for Blueman!). I'm stuck right now trying to set up the computer to be the master (bluez 4 sucks! why did they get rid of the hcid.conf file???). Anyway, before I waste more time and energy on this I need to know if it is even possible for the Pre to connect to the Internet over bluetooth? Will the Pre recognize the bluetooth connection as an Internet connection? Is there a way to make it do so?
    Have you tried Connectify? I use it to broadcast my blazing fast corporate internet around the office.

Windows 7 only last I checked.
    Are you talking about 'remote' control via VNC?

I might not understand what you are trying to do, but wasn't there a way to setup a SAMBA in the Pre, via WebOS Internals?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcoc2 View Post
    Have you tried Connectify? I use it to broadcast my blazing fast corporate internet around the office.

Windows 7 only last I checked.
    Tried Connectify. Not working on my laptop (I have Windows 7).
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Are you talking about 'remote' control via VNC?

I might not understand what you are trying to do, but wasn't there a way to setup a SAMBA in the Pre, via WebOS Internals?

Rob
    I'm trying to share my laptop's Internet connection with my phone via Bluetooth.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I dont think the pre can get the internet off of bluetooth.
    Law Student, SEO Worker, PRE OBSESSED
    Sprint Pre
    2 quick things, first as I said in your last post, better titles will get you more and better information.

Also it would be nice to have this all in one thread (or as few threads as possible since it all goes back to the same root issue), having multiple threads leads to nothing but repeat responses with people not knowing what has already been suggested.