1.    #1  
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
    I really hope this isn't true. If so, thats prolly why there hasn't been an update, and At&t will probably be following suit...

-Gu1l7y

Hopefully new hardware soon tho... right?
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    I don't think phasing it out has anything to do with the update?
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    Oh man, I didn't think about the update. They have to give it to you. I hope they aren't going to be ***** and make you wait for 2.0. That would *****.

That can't be true though. It would totally ***** with the contest. I'm pulling for you to get the ***** update.

*(I'm not really being censored. I typed asterisks).
    We were all entitled to the update months ago when the euro carriers got it...

-Gu1l7y
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    Oh man, I didn't think about the update. They have to give it to you. I hope they aren't going to be ***** and make you wait for 2.0. That would *****.

That can't be true though. It would totally ***** with the contest. I'm pulling for you to get the ***** update.

*(I'm not really being censored. I typed asterisks).
    I think the concern is that if they're phasing it out, they'll just stop releasing updates completely. Maybe that's why we haven't seen 1.4.5 - b/c Verizon doesn't give a dang about the current Pre Plus users and aren't going to release any more updates for it.
    That is weird that they'd phase out the Pre Plus and not the Pixi Plus. I only see the Pre floating around, and I have never met anyone with a Pixi. The store I bought my Pre at didn't even have a Pixi on display.

Anyway, if they make us wait for a new Palm device with webOS 2.0 I will be quite upset.
    If VZW gives up on the Pre, couldn't Palm just push the updates directly to us?
    I doubt V is going to hold the release of 1.4.5 because of the phasing out claim. The article claims the phasing out is to make room for upcoming models. Why would V not release updates because a new model of phone is somewhere on the horizon? Doesn't make sense.

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNNole View Post
    I think the concern is that if they're phasing it out, they'll just stop releasing updates completely. Maybe that's why we haven't seen 1.4.5 - b/c Verizon doesn't give a dang about the current Pre Plus users and aren't going to release any more updates for it.
    If this happens, it would free up Palm to release the update themselves via direct update, or download-able Doctor version. Just because carriers don't carry specific models of Android devices after new ones come out, doesn't mean those earlier versions can't get updates also.

In the grand scheme of things this could be a very good sign. Carriers clearing out the old to make room for the new. We are only a couple of months away from 'Black Friday', so inventory always shifts this time of year.
    I don’t think Verizon ever fully “Phased In” the Pre Plus.
    They didn’t advertise it except with other smartphones.
    They tried to sell their walk-in customers anything but a Pre Plus.
    They purchased NFL Mobile that was working fine on Sprint and didn’t support it on the Pre Plus.
    They crippled the GPS so they could sell their Verizon Navigator.
    They did make Mobile Hotspot free only after they discovered they couldn’t block it.
    They delayed the update to 1.4.1.1 for almost two months.

Verizon has shown no love for the Pre Plus or Pixi Plus but I still think they are the best phones Verizon “Had” in their lineup. Hopefully they are just making room for the Pre 2 and with it will come WebOS 2.0 because we probably won’t have 1.4.5.1.1 by then anyway.

Sorry for the rant! I just had to say it.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~