Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Nerelda's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
       #1  
    I was on the phone tonight and got a low battery warning. Immediately I put the phone on the charger and the second that was done (less than 10 seconds after the warning), the phone shut down. DISLIKE!

    Is there an option to get the low battery warning earlier? Please don't suggest Preware because it won't install for me.

    I did a search but didn't find anything.
  2. #2  
    Sounds like your battery might be bad. You should have at least 5-10 mins before it actually turns off. Was your Pre used, any water damage?

    -Gu1l7y

    Btw, if you have Preware installed you can go to the link below and follow the instructions. You can then see if your battery is actually performing up to par or not...

    LINK: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...r-battery.html

    -Gu1l7y
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
  3. Nerelda's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
       #3  
    No, it wasn't used. I bought it new (pre plus) from Verizon beginning of April. No water or any other short of damage.
  4. #4  
    assuming you don't have the patches installed that disable the warnings... You have a battery problem. The pre defaults to warn you at 20% and 10% remaining.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    assuming you don't have the patches installed that disable the warnings... You have a battery problem. The pre defaults to warn you at 20% and 10% remaining.
    Agreed, and that should give more than enough time inbetween to get to a charger...

    -Gu1l7y
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
  6. Keegsta's Avatar
    Posts
    198 Posts
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    #6  
    This happens all of the time to me. You are not alone.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
  7. #7  
    I agree with the other two posters. You likely have a bad battery, it happens sometimes even with new batteries. A few nights ago my phone hit 0%. I was curious how long it would go before shutting down. I replayed a four minute long youtube video I had downloaded about 6 times before my phone shut off. That is over 20 minutes of use at 0%.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I agree with the other two posters. You likely have a bad battery, it happens sometimes even with new batteries. A few nights ago my phone hit 0%. I was curious how long it would go before shutting down. I replayed a four minute long youtube video I had downloaded about 6 times before my phone shut off. That is over 20 minutes of use at 0%.
    I must say when I first got my Pre it happened once. I think that the majority of the cases of this would be a bad battery, especially if its a common occurance, and not of a stray bug of sorts.

    -Gu1l7y
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by nerelda View Post
    Is there an option to get the low battery warning earlier? Please don't suggest Preware because it won't install for me.
    How come Preware won't install?
    YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED!!

    Palm Pre
    Bell Mobility

    Patches: 4x4Iconsv1, Add Date MM/DD,Default to Month View, Device Warning Temperatures, Enable Add/Delete Pages, Glass Effect, More Reminder Times, SMS to Two Seconds, Unhide Dev Mode, Unthrottle Download Manager
  10. Nerelda's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
       #10  
    Thanks everyone. This is the first time I"ve had it do that to me. I'll keep an eye on it and if it continues, I will go to Verizon and have them replace the battery.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by nerelda View Post
    Thanks everyone. This is the first time I"ve had it do that to me. I'll keep an eye on it and if it continues, I will go to Verizon and have them replace the battery.
    You should be able to install Preware using wosqi. Even if you have issues you should be able to find a solution here on the forums...

    -Gu1l7y
  12. #12  
    My battery, for the last month, would hit about 30% and less than 10 minutes later go to zero. Yesterday, I was at about 46%, I put the phone down on my desk and when I picked it up several minutes later it was dead. I went out and picked up a new battery. So far so good.

    ET

    PS: 90 minutes off the charger, a few textes and the usual daily check for an update and I'm still showing at 100%.

Posting Permissions