Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    hmmmm ok so 18 love it and 1 hates it. Interesting......anyone care to comment on what cobrakon might have done wrong?
    It could depend on his Pre and which kernel he used. Some of the experimental ones can cause problems and I didn't read to see what he's tried.

I do great with the Uberkernel, can't stand my Pre without it, anymore. It is so slow and laggy when running stock. However, when I tried the Thunderchief, I had a lot of problems and overheated all the time. I had to uninstall and go back to Uber.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Cobrakon didn't do anything wrong. There is variation in the chip bins from the manufacturer, and some of the chips just do not like to be OC'd, but the only way to find out is to try. For the majority of Pre owners OCing will work very well. I have been OCing since the very first Alpha/Beta tests way back when, with no issues, but YMMV.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I've noticed no stability issues whatsoever running Govnah and Uberkernel... Everything from games to web to email still works just fine. I even found a case where my battery life was considerably better.

I downloaded "The Settlers" game. Its a very deep and detailed game and a battery HOG. Set Govnah to 720Mhz, and I'm sure I cut it in half. Haven't done any testing, but I don't think it was placebo. I just absentmindedly started playing. Awhile later I wondered why my battery wasn't dead.

Maybe soon I'll do some indivigual tests on drain doing different tasks and post a thread....

-Gu1l7y
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    I've been running UK and Govnah for about two months. No stability issues at all. I mainly use my phone for reading email and talking, so I don't drain a battery very quickly. I only have to charge ever 24 hours with my normal use and running 800/500 screenstate. I just handled a stock pre and it felt really sluggish, but it was a plain pre and mine is a plus so there is other factors at play here. After he clocked his pre, it felt much more responsive. The difference was noticeable.
    i love overclocking. it makes a world of difference. seriously, it's like a whole new device --especially with the speeds we can get today. 1005 is insane. my browser pops straight up to fill the screen with the bookmarks loaded, no splash screen or anything. just boom! it's there.

720 seems to be the sweet spot for me, in regard to performance and not being completely murderous to the battery.

ha, i remember when i put my first 550 patch on. then 600 came out, and the first time i used universal search clocked at 600, i thought i was dreaming. i wanted to call everyone i knew with iPhones and other smartphones and have a war! lol

just a quick addition: read up as much as you can about overclocking, the various kernals, govnah, etc., before you even start. i know it's so simple and easy these days since it can all be done via preware, but it will save you and the people who help you if you get into trouble a lot of time and headache. double so if you are using things from the testing feeds. overclocking in genearal, and things like tweaking the voltage especially, is something you should either be prepared to read up on --and follow the conversations in the forums religiously-- or just leave alone.

or not. your choice, but it will make everyone's life easier if you educate youself first. this includes using the "search" function in advance of making a new thread.
    Last edited by igobytony; 08/24/2010 at 09:47 AM. Reason: an additional note
    I just overclocked yesterday with Uber/Govnah I am running at 250/720 with Screenstate change.

I have received definite increase in speed as others noted. The crazy thing is that if I switch it to the Palm default speed it still seems faster than before. One way I can tell is that it would take my camera a really long time to load before. Now it loads almost immediately. I also have not received the "too many cards" error.

So far it seems to work well. The only thing I did have happen was once when I went to run Govnah it repeatedly popped up the app then the launcher, the app again then the launcher, really fast. I don't know what that was about. I then turned the screen off to try and stop it. I had to the use the slider to turn the screen back on because the button wouldn't work. But it seemed ok after that.
  8.    #28  
    Thank you allllllllllllllllll!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRob94 View Post
    ...The crazy thing is that if I switch it to the Palm default speed it still seems faster than before...
    I noticed also that the palm default seems quicker with the other kernals. i figured some of it was due to the OS update (i have sprint), but these kernals just seem to be quicker and run more smoothly than the stock one in general.

thanks webOS internals and unixpsycho!
    I came to the conclusion that if i wanted to enjoy the benefits of overclocking then i need more battery. that's why i have a 2600 battery and I don't worry about battery anymore.
    I tried ▄berkernel and Govnah for a couple days on my Pre Plus. It actually made it slower, noticably more laggy even on 800Mhz. I understand this has to do with the fixing of the Too Many Cards-issue, an issue that my Pre Plus doesn't have. Can I have a █berkernel that doesn't try to fix the Too Many Cards-issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by olebl View Post
    I tried ▄berkernel and Govnah for a couple days on my Pre Plus. It actually made it slower, noticably more laggy even on 800Mhz. I understand this has to do with the fixing of the Too Many Cards-issue, an issue that my Pre Plus doesn't have. Can I have a █berkernel that doesn't try to fix the Too Many Cards-issue?
    Sure, try F105 or warthog or SR71. They have compache disabled at startup as well as TMC disabled.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I can't say that you don't see any increase whatsoever... as this was the best patch I did on my Pre so far. Increase the responsiveness of the phone overall...
    I recommend the faster card animations patch (mojo patches in preware)
    .,;-#$^***^$#-;,.

Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    I came to the conclusion that if i wanted to enjoy the benefits of overclocking then i need more battery. that's why i have a 2600 battery and I don't worry about battery anymore.
    I have the 2600 as well which allows me to use my kernel for pure performance at a fixed speed of 800. I have only heated up twice in two months but still have never gone over 47c. (Love the Device Temp Warnings patch) I also have the Faster Card Animations Hyper Versions patch which makes it look even faster to me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12