Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    So this past weekend I was a groomsmen in my friends wedding. Everything was going smoothly and the DJ announced the entire wedding party. When it came time for my friend and his new bride's first dance the DJ's ipod began to malfunction and it would not play their song in its entirety. A few guys tried to solve the problem, but it appeared that the song itself was corrupt. One of the guys called me up to the DJ booth and asked if it would be possible to download the song on my pre and I said yes. I opened the youtube application and searched for their song. Thankfully due to our awesome homebrew community I was able to download the video directly to my phone. After a few minutes of downloading, the signal was terrible, I was able to play their song for them and essentially save their reception. I honestly felt like I was in a palm commercial afterwards and a lot of people at the wedding were very impressed with the Pre.
    After this weekend it definitely brought a whole new meaning to life moves fast and thanks to the Pre and our homebrew community the wedding ceremony continued without any problems.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I wish I could be there and say tks alot to jason for this wonderful patch.
    that's awesome
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    But did you get to Boom-Boom with the Bridesmaids?? =P
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    well if u were smarter you would have had grooveshark....stream any song anytime

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Cool save the day!!!!!
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    why didnt you open the amazon mp3 app and buy the song?
    After a few minutes of downloading, the signal was terrible
    Maybe not.
    Very happy story. Sounds like an ad campaign/true life "Palm Pre Saves the Day" tale.
    Prē
    Nicely done!

Out of curiosity, why not just buy the MP3 from Amazon? Better sound quality & probably faster download since only getting audio and no video. And cheap. Still makes for a good Palm spot b/c you're using the ondevice music store.

Just curious.

Update: Obviously I didn't read the whole thread. So, Workerb33 said.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Epic! Palm should be using real-life stories like these in its next round of marketing for the new devices.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    After those heroics, you coulda made a video of the dance and uploaded it!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    But did you get to Boom-Boom with the Bridesmaids?? =P
    What he said.^^^^^ LOL PRE take another bite of that darn apple.
    Who cares how he did it, The main thing is Jraw23 and his Pre saved the day. Well done!!!
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgregory19 View Post
    Who cares how he did it, The main thing is Jraw23 and his Pre saved the day. Well done!!!
    I cant take all the credit, if it wasn't for people like Jason who spend their own time making patches for the rest of us this would have been a lot harder to do.

As for the other options mentioned in the posts above I was only on 1x data connection and I didn't want to risk having the song pause or cut out due to the fact that I did not have a reliable data connection.

In the end it worked out and it was a really cool feeling knowing that my phone was able to save the day.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Take that Apple! Awesome story! Also, +1 for Grooveshark!
    do you mean buddy's? That title is a little confusing
    That is a great story!

Did you have to put the speaker up to a microphone?
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon no h View Post
    That is a great story!

No I was able to plug the Pre directly into the DJ's mixer using the headphone jack on the top. BTW the audio quality was actually really good too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon no h View Post
    That is a great story!

No you can connect the speaker cord to the Pre and the song will play in the speaker. I do it in my car all the time with a Cassette adapter.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast