Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    also could have used music wave lite.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobshaw View Post
    also could have used music wave lite.
    Why does everyone keep missing that he said he didn't have a reliable signal?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jraw23 View Post
    No I was able to plug the Pre directly into the DJ's mixer using the headphone jack on the top. BTW the audio quality was actually really good too.
    Great story!

I use headphone jack to play pandora at home on my nice speakers
    Great story, thanks for posting it.

ET
    Good story but you've given a whole room of people unrealistic expectations about what the Palm Pre can do out of the box. Yikes. Many others ways you could've achieved the same thing without turning to Homebrew.
    Quote Originally Posted by leonkehoe View Post
    Good story but you've given a whole room of people unrealistic expectations about what the Palm Pre can do out of the box. Yikes. Many others ways you could've achieved the same thing without turning to Homebrew.

Sounds to me like those are perfectly reasonable expectations given anyone can produce these results many other ways, as pointed out by yourself.

Edit: And this thread is worthless without any Bridemaids Boom-Booming... =D
    Last edited by 9KRacing; 08/24/2010 at 11:59 AM.
    Awesome story. I love when I read these stories. Especially when it's a Palm Pre. A very versatile phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Sounds to me like those are perfectly reasonable expectations given anyone can produce these results many other ways, as pointed out by yourself.

Edit: And this thread is worthless without any Bridemaids Boom-Booming... =D
    Arguably, but I'm not going to be pedantic about it.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I remembered reading this story and did the same thing Friday.

Cept it was MY OWN wedding! My girlfriend...err Wife (I need to get used to that) really wanted a certain song played, but the DJ didn't have anything by this band and he was complaining about the lack of internet and my wife pointed out "Hey didn't you tell me about a post you read about the guy who used his Pre to download something at a wedding?". OH YEA So I whipped out my Pixi and downloaded a video from youtube and blam she had her song. The guy was like "Wow you can download from youtube?"

So thank you Jraw23, while it wasn't our first dance song, she really wanted them to play it. My Pixi saved the day.

On another note, a friend with his EVO was also trying to download the song for me but his mp3 app or w/e kept stopping DL at 45% /flex
    Last edited by saves; 09/19/2010 at 10:57 AM.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saves View Post
    I remembered reading this story and did the same thing Friday.

Cept it was MY OWN wedding! My girlfriend...err Wife (I need to get used to that) really wanted a certain song played, but the DJ didn't have anything by this band and he was complaining about the lack of internet and my wife pointed out "Hey didn't you tell me about a post you read about the guy who used his Pre to download something at a wedding?". OH YEA So I whipped out my Pixi and downloaded a video from youtube and blam she had her song. The guy was like "Wow you can download from youtube?"

So thank you Jraw23, while it wasn't our first dance song, she really wanted them to play it. My Pixi saved the day.

On another note, a friend with his EVO was also trying to download the song for me but his mp3 app or w/e kept stopping DL at 45% /flex
    That is really awesome! and CONGRATS!!!
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    What kind of DJ uses an iPod?
    An Iphone walks into a bar with a Palm Pre on it's shoulder. The bartender looks up and says, "Hey, that's pretty cool, where can I get one of those?" and the Palm Pre says "Hipstertown, they're all over the place"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12