Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. jmf
    jmf is offline
    jmf's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
       #1  
    When I first got the Palm, the navigation utility was great. Lately, it has trouble finding the network, weak signal and generally not available. Is this a symptom of overload? I tried reboot, update, doctoring, but nothing seems to improve performance. Anyone else having these troubles?

    jmf
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/23/2010 at 12:10 PM. Reason: edited title typo
  2. #2  
    try pulling the battery. It could also be a sattalite/network issue...
  3. jmf
    jmf is offline
    jmf's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    try pulling the battery. It could also be a sattalite/network issue...
    What does a pulled battery do that a soft reset does not?

    jmf
    Last edited by jmf; 08/22/2010 at 09:07 PM.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf View Post
    What does a pulled battery do that a soft reset does not?

    jmf
    more things than we know....but it seems to cure odd anomalies sometimes. I also may do other routines when acquiring the Sprint network upon log-on. Also, I've read some issues with GolfPinFinder not reporting accurate yardage after 1.4.5. A PRL update resolved the issue. Perhaps try that too.
    Last edited by MilenkoD; 08/22/2010 at 09:24 PM.
  5. glenada's Avatar
    Posts
    777 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf View Post
    When I first got the Palm, the navigation utility was great. Lately, it has trouble finding the network, weak signal and generally not available. Is this a symptom of

    overload? I tried reboot, update, doctoring, but nothing seems to improve performance. Anyone else having these troubles?

    jmf
    Is Spring a new software company?
  6. #6  
    Sprint has also been upgrading more areas to 4G, this means if it is happening where you live, then there can be reception and satellite problems, while they are switching from 3G to 4G. It happened to me for a week or so, when I first got my Pre, because they were making some repairs to the 4G network, here. Once it was done, however, my reception and navigation have worked awesomely.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  7. #7  
    same problem here.. hope it improves soon...
  8. #8  
    my sprint navigation has always worked flawlessly.
  9. #9  
    Mine works great but it starts better if you are not moving. It has to work a lot harder to find your position if you are moving.
  10. #10  
    Working well for me as well.

    4G Cellular system install/config shouldn't have any effect on your 3G/x1 data connection. The 2 technologies use completely different equipment. Additionally the cellular system has not effect on your phone acquiring a lock on GPS satellites.

    What the absence of a cellular signal will do is eliminate cellular radio triangulation assistance.

    I used to have periodic issues with GPS functions on my Sprint Pre (across any program that used GPS) but found a reboot cured the issues every time. I now set my phone to reboot every morning around 3am and I NEVER have any issues.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  11. #11  
    have sprint,used my turn by turn today.very cloudy,raining very hard. Place I was looking for was way out in no mans land and hard to find. Sprint nav got me there no problem. I was surprised because of the very bad weather today. I thought for sure it would give me a problem, worked great.
  12. #12  
    Hmmm... Personally I prefer Summer and Fall navigation as opposed to Spring. Spring is tornado season in Oklahoma.

    Okay... so the joke doesn't work anymore now that the thread title is corrected.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 08/23/2010 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Not funny any longer
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    my sprint navigation has always worked flawlessly.
    You probably don't live in a congested city like SF, because I've noticed when going through the downtown section the Pre can't decide what street you're currently traveling on. It will sometimes think you are on a street one over to the right or left and therefore give you wrong directions.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    You probably don't live in a congested city like SF, because I've noticed when going through the downtown section the Pre can't decide what street you're currently traveling on. It will sometimes think you are on a street one over to the right or left and therefore give you wrong directions.
    im a truck driver and have used it in new york city, chicago, los angeles, but you are probably right, im sure as you say, it wouldnt work in san fran
  15. #15  
    wow sprint navs works 80% of the time.. I was out of town a while back trying to get back to the highway. The road I needed to go to was blocked off and that nav lady kept wanting me too make a u turn. It should of gave me a new route . But it didn't. I had to fire up google maps to find a way to the highway.
  16. #16  
    Sprint Nav sucks. I prefer to use Google maps but sometimes that is worse.

Posting Permissions