Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I can no longer load any of my favorite YouTube links after upgrading to webOS 1.4.5.

This is one of my favorite things to do with my Pre.

Forgive me if there is already a thread on this issue, but I did search using precentral and Google for a related thread for about a half an hour and couldn't find one.

Perhaps sub-threads for bundled apps would be in order?

Seriously, I'm thinking of ditching my Pre now.

Help?
    Um..it works for me...?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Okay, thanks.

Can you load this link?

Let me know!
    Quote Originally Posted by spartca View Post
    I can no longer load any of my favorite YouTube links after upgrading to webOS 1.4.5.

Forgive me if there is already a thread on this issue, but I did search using precentral and Google for a related thread for about a half an hour and couldn't find one.

Help?
    Need more info. Is any aspect of YouTube working? Exactly what are you doing that worked before and now is no longer working? Example link that doesn't work?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    K, how about this link?

Okay, thanks.

Can you load this link?

Let me know!
    That link works for me. Tapping on it from the forum on my Pre opens the YouTube app, and it pulls up the video information page. Tapping on the play button starts the video, and it works just fine. I'm on a Sprint Pre, 1.4.5.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    K, how about this link?

That one works for me too.
    Was that really necessary...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here

Help?
    Why would you do that to your pre... :-) Just do a full erase, and you'll be set. Something has corrupt the file. Logging back into your palm profile, should do the trick.

My youtube video work fine, and I'm using 1.4.5. :-)
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    That link works for me. Tapping on it from the forum on my Pre opens the YouTube app, and it pulls up the video information page. Tapping on the play button starts the video, and it works just fine. I'm on a Sprint Pre, 1.4.5.
    Same here, Sprint 1.4.5.

Doesn't work for me.

Was working before the webOS upgrade.

Anybody?
    still works fine for me. Downloaded a video this morning in fact.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I've been experiencing loading errors in the youtube app since the update, but it usually works after I restart / reboot the phone.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I randomly can't open youtube videos on my Verizon PrPrPr&#$275$;. $It$'$s$ $probably$ $a$ $connection$ $issue$ $of$ $some$ $sort$.
    works just fine for me. No issues here.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Was that really necessary...
    Yeah, I'm just about done with the headset hardware issue. My bluetooth is not working, I have to make calls using the speakerphone.

YouTube and Pandora with wired headset are all the love I have left.
    Same here, Sprint 1.4.5.

Doesn't work for me.

Was working before the webOS upgrade.

Anybody?
    Can you describe the behavior? Does tapping on the link do nothing, or does it say it's unsupported? Are you on EV or Wifi?

I'm thinking the problem is specific to your phone/situation, so to figure out the problem, we'll need lots more info about your phone.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    actually its been happening to me quite regularly since the update. The video will start but fail a few seconds in giving me this screen.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Can you describe the behavior? Does tapping on the link do nothing, or does it say it's unsupported? Are you on EV or Wifi?

I'm thinking the problem is specific to your phone/situation, so to figure out the problem, we'll need lots more info about your phone.
    EV.

Loads the YouTube app, then hangs.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=Mikest;2620577]actually its been happening to me quite regularly since the update. The video will start but fail a few seconds in giving me this screen.

[IMG]

Yeah not talking about *those* YouTube videos that don't play on mobile devices in the first place lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    actually its been happening to me quite regularly since the update. The video will start but fail a few seconds in giving me this screen.

Interesting. I've seen that before, but not since the update. I know that Palm did fix some bugs in the streaming capabilities, so perhaps another bug has popped up. But this message can also happen when there is a weak network connection.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast