1.    #1  
    I know I need to get preware on my phone to make some of the changes on it like addng more pages to the launch screen. I tried to follow the steps I found once (though I can't seem to find the thread again) and I couldn't get my computer to download the preware. It was like the four choices were incomplete programs or something. So what I need is for someone to please in detail tell me where to go to get the preware and in detail tell me how to get it on my phone.

This site has nice people but compared other sites I just can't seem to move around easily and when I do a search it gives a lot of incomplete answers. That's why I'm asking for someone to help me in detail.

Thanks;

M. Myers
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    The Wiki page has a pretty good write-up that is short and to the point.

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

I'd recommend the "Standalone Installer" just for ease of use.

-Readonly
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals. Here you go. Make sure to put phone in developer mode. Type webos20090606. Enjoy.
    Question I had to get my phone replaced so I am trying to reload preware. its different from the first time i did it. there is no package installer anymore!? what else do i need to do because it just keeps giving me errors!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by astock913 View Post
    Question I had to get my phone replaced so I am trying to reload preware. its different from the first time i did it. there is no package installer anymore!? what else do i need to do because it just keeps giving me errors!
    I'm not sure I understand the question. What error are you getting? And at what step of the process (going by the steps in the Wiki article)?

-Readonly
    Last edited by Readonly; 08/22/2010 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Spelling
    I got it...I was missing this [ ] org.webosinternals.preware.ipk 09-Jun-2010 05:40 175K but now its working fine! sorry about my wording on the last post!! But I did have a question about the themes. they are gone? i think i might be missing something...or do i need to change the preferences!?
    m. Meyers? I'm a big fan of your movies!

glad you are rocking preware. It's really cool!
    the most common mistake for people loading preware for the first time is they forget to or don't know about how to put your phone in dev mode (developer mode)
    Quote Originally Posted by astock913 View Post
    I got it...I was missing this [ ] org.webosinternals.preware.ipk 09-Jun-2010 05:40 175K but now its working fine! sorry about my wording on the last post!! But I did have a question about the themes. they are gone? i think i might be missing something...or do i need to change the preferences!?
    I believe the theme feeds are turned off by default. Turn them back on under preferences and then reload feeds.
    I am having the same issue. The error is: Unable to run Command: /usr/bin/ipkg - o /media/cryptofs/apps update etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHui623 View Post
    I believe the theme feeds are turned off by default. Turn them back on under preferences and then reload feeds.
    Yes, they are off by default.

In Preware, tap the upper left corner, select manage feeds, scroll down in that screen and turn on PreThemer and PreCentral, swipe back and when you get the pop-up, select the option to update feeds.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!