1.    #1  
    I've had my Sprint Pre since the first day it came out, and it's still going strong. Finally, the USB lid simply came off. At first, there was some small piece near the hinge that dropped off, but the lid was still intact. Then a few days later, the entire lid just came off. Actually, I find this more convenient! Now I don't need to have an extra Touchstone charger for the car adapter, just simply use the USB cord instead to plug into the Pre.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Yup. I've had four Pres and the first thing I have done on the last three is pull off that cover. It is such a pain to open. I really like having it uncovered when I want to plug my Pre into my car charger.
    It might be a lot easier for you to get it exchange. Your account should show that you haven't had any replacement pres'. Ps. I thought that gif pics/avatars are prohibited. That's cute.
    Next step after door coming off is the infamous crack from opening and traveling across screen!

Hello $100 deductible!

Sorry.....
    if you call palm, they will send you another door. You can also start a chat session on their support site and they will help you.
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingInIowa.com View Post
    Next step after door coming off is the infamous crack from opening and traveling across screen!

Hello $100 deductible!

Sorry.....
    No, not really. I've been USB door-less longer than with it on my launch-gen Pre.
    I don't remember the last time I opened the usb port on my Pre+. Between Touchstone charging and Wifi Media Sync, there's really no need.
    mines came off a couple months back, a small crack has slowly tried to makeit to my screen but it hasn't reached there yet.
    After about 6 months, mine came off. I was able to get a replacement via the Palm chat. They FedEx'd it to me (waste of $$$) and it simply doesn't sit in there correctly, so I'm back to without it. Definitely more convenient without it.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionSoul View Post
    I don't remember the last time I opened the usb port on my Pre+. Between Touchstone charging and Wifi Media Sync, there's really no need.
    Perhaps for you, but I don't feel like buying a touchstone(s) and I charge quite a bit in my car.

I agree it's more convenient without, but I'm on my second pre. On my first one, the hinge came off and I got a crack fairly quickly. I've kept the hinge on my second and so far don't have the issue.