Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    the palm pre. (which is the reason I got one on verizon) even though I would prefer the sprint pre because of the center button. Love it. Anyways back to the subject.. I've pretty much did everything I could do with my pre and I'm finally content I guess you can say I 'tweaked' the 'reduce drag radius to 8px' patch to 5px, so the scrolling feels exactly how it is on my ipod touch. I have several other patches that make the phone, browsing, and messaging amazzzing! And to top it off I have the F105 thundercheif kernel. My phone is almost the same speed as my brothers droid x which is prettty fast I don't think I can ever leave webos, it has alot of potential and I do believe we will make it guys. hopefully all of this will be in webos 2.0 so I wouldn't even have to do anything. Haha just showing my love towards webos and this great community! If it weren't for you guys none of this would be possible!

One last thing, I've been wanting to donate but I have no idea how to.. Can someone please help me with this?
    Depends on who you want to donate to... WebOS internalz and Jason spring to mind since they are two of the most famous for WebOS patches/Homebrew
  3.    #3  
    Ok I would like to donate to both. How so?
    Here's the link for WebOS Internals
    WebOS Internals:Site support - WebOS Internals

Having a bit of trouble finding one for Jason
    Here's the link for donating to Jason:

https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/we...5971fa2777c8ff
  6.    #6  
    thanks guys
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Thanks for the love. That's cool that your phone is almost as fast as a droid x.
    it's good to see someone happy with their phone instead of the usual complaints lol
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    About that droid x. It's running the snapdragon but the new epic 4g is running hummingbird. The hummingbird is said to be able to run overclocked at 1.6ghz. Now that's blazing..
    Either way, new hardware will hopefully be out by years end and by that time 1.2 to 1.6 should be the norm.
    If the pre pro expects to sell any phones they'll have to come with at least that
    Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    About that droid x. It's running the snapdragon but the new epic 4g is running hummingbird. The hummingbird is said to be able to run overclocked at 1.6ghz. Now that's blazing..
    Either way, new hardware will hopefully be out by years end and by that time 1.2 to 1.6 should be the norm.
    If the pre pro expects to sell any phones they'll have to come with at least that
    Way to change the subject...wasnt that topic of discussion on another thread?
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ferriskeanu View Post
    Way to change the subject...wasnt that topic of discussion on another thread?
    The op mentions her pre thunderchief kernal vs her brother's snapdragon. What am I supposed to talk about?
    The topic: phones. Anything else: off topic. Please keep it on track, guys.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/22/2010 at 07:13 AM.
    I'm so glad you love your phone. I just got mine the middle of July from VZW and love it. I've only changed the theme and added a few patches. Kind of scared to stick my toes in the water on the kernels but I'm getting the courage up. Thought I might wait until VZW gets the new update. Taking baby steps...LOL I love reading posts from those who are happy with the phone.

One thing I must add to give everyone a laugh for the day...it's a gal thing. I was having trouble with scrolling and zooming on the touch screen so I was reading yesterday where someone loaned their phone to a friend and her nails scratched their screen...so I cut my nails back and wow what a difference that makes!! My fingertips can really make that screen move now. So there's your funny for the day!!!
    Last edited by joliejolie0930; 08/22/2010 at 08:36 AM. Reason: added content
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    Finally, I read about someone loving the center button on the palm pre. I'm loving mine too.
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    Finally, I read about someone loving the center button on the palm pre. I'm loving mine too.
    I also love the center button. I wish that developers were able to use it more.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I love having the center button as well. I can't imagine not having it since I use it all the time. Hopefully the next WebOS phone with have something similar instead of no button at all!!
    Since I am from Verizon Pre Plus land, I never had a Center Button. Exactly what does it do?
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    Since I am from Verizon Pre Plus land, I never had a Center Button. Exactly what does it do?
    All it does (as far as I know) is minimize your open cards. The same action can be done by swiping up in the gesture area so I really don't see the importance of the button, I could do without it.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    It also lights up when you touch the gesture area, along with two smaller lights on either side
    and it can be used to blink notifications.
    I'm glad to see there's a straight-up positive thread to hit off Sunday. Thanks for that. Regarding the center button, I too had wondered what it's for as I don't have one on my Plus, of course. Have there been any patches or apps created to use this button for anything else? Is it a simple push-and-release button or does it have any directional capability?
    My mobile biography: Nokia 5181i & 3589i -- Motorola v60i & A630 -- Palm Treo 650, Centro, Pre Plus, MyTouch 4G Slide, Pre 2, Pre 3, Nokia Lumia 521, Veer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast