Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    Finally, I read about someone loving the center button on the palm pre. I'm loving mine too.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    I also love the center button. I wish that developers were able to use it more.

- Craig
    I'm with you guys and the OP I love the button. For me it's like having a physical keyboard, I need tactile things so i don't have to look at the phone.
    same here dude , i need that button,,,, gotta have it in the Pre2
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    About that droid x. It's running the snapdragon but the new epic 4g is running hummingbird. The hummingbird is said to be able to run overclocked at 1.6ghz. Now that's blazing..
    Either way, new hardware will hopefully be out by years end and by that time 1.2 to 1.6 should be the norm.
    If the pre pro expects to sell any phones they'll have to come with at least that
    haha you lost me at snapdragon..
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by joliejolie0930 View Post
    I'm so glad you love your phone. I just got mine the middle of July from VZW and love it. I've only changed the theme and added a few patches. Kind of scared to stick my toes in the water on the kernels but I'm getting the courage up. Thought I might wait until VZW gets the new update. Taking baby steps...LOL I love reading posts from those who are happy with the phone.

One thing I must add to give everyone a laugh for the day...it's a gal thing. I was having trouble with scrolling and zooming on the touch screen so I was reading yesterday where someone loaned their phone to a friend and her nails scratched their screen...so I cut my nails back and wow what a difference that makes!! My fingertips can really make that screen move now. So there's your funny for the day!!!
    omg, haha thanks for the good laugh. That's so true, especially for texting! Whenenever I cut them its so much easier for me I loooove it. But back to the overclocking.. I was always scared to! It took me a while to finally do it. I started off with uberkernel (i think that's what it was called) and it was good. However, after seeing the video on youtube of the 1ghz.. I had to have it its great. My pre never heats up, highest it will ever get is about 39. I check that with govnah, you can get that from preware. But yeah you should deff try it out, if you don't like it you can always go back. but I doubt that ha!
    UberKernal now goes to 1 gHz and is considered completely safe. I prefer it. And the center button does nothing that touching the same spot on the Plus can't do. It is really better to not have a physical button as far as less moving parts. But I do like it for the feel. Thanks for a nice thread about the Pre, all my friends are jumping ship!
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Thanks for the thread. I too am glad to read about people who like their Pres versus the normal thread about problems.

ET
    I never use the center button. I played with it once, when I discovered that it actually does something, but since I can also do the same with gestures and touching the screen, I never got in the habit of using it and really have to agree that I see no point. It's really not needed.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I never use the center button. I played with it once, when I discovered that it actually does something, but since I can also do the same with gestures and touching the screen, I never got in the habit of using it and really have to agree that I see no point. It's really not needed.
    idk I just really like the way it looks, I guess it just comes down to personal choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    omg, haha thanks for the good laugh. That's so true, especially for texting! Whenenever I cut them its so much easier for me I loooove it. But back to the overclocking.. I was always scared to! It took me a while to finally do it. I started off with uberkernel (i think that's what it was called) and it was good. However, after seeing the video on youtube of the 1ghz.. I had to have it its great. My pre never heats up, highest it will ever get is about 39. I check that with govnah, you can get that from preware. But yeah you should deff try it out, if you don't like it you can always go back. but I doubt that ha!
    I think I'll be trying this real soon. I'll start with the uberkernel, been reading the posts on it today. Thanks for giving me a boost of confidence...I'm getting there!
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    <<Thread Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    First off, welcome to the club.

Secondly. I completely aggree with the center button. As much as it is still there on the Plus, actually touching somthing makes all the difference to me. Personally, on the Plus's I have interacted with, I feel im always wondering if my "touch" went through, vs on my Sprint Pre. If I attempt to preform the zoom-out action, I know for a fact its been hit.

However, I enjoy the streamlined look of the Plus, it is afterall, a pebble in our hands.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    <<Thread Renamed>>
    I must suck at naming my threads haha
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    First off, welcome to the club.

Secondly. I completely aggree with the center button. As much as it is still there on the Plus, actually touching somthing makes all the difference to me. Personally, on the Plus's I have interacted with, I feel im always wondering if my "touch" went through, vs on my Sprint Pre. If I attempt to preform the zoom-out action, I know for a fact its been hit.

However, I enjoy the streamlined look of the Plus, it is afterall, a pebble in our hands.
    I know what you mean. That's exactly how it is for me, my friend has the palm pre and I just love the button and how the notifications look when something comes in!
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    I must suck at naming my threads haha
    I don't think so
    Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    I don't think so
    Flirt!
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Flirt!
    Just showing love that shes showing to the community.
    Did you know that you can snooze your alarm with the center button? Instead of fumbling around trying to open your eyes enough and figuring out whether you need to tap green or yellow. Then you get ticked that you hit 'dismiss' by mistake and have to get up.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12