1.    #1  
    Hey,

I just bought a used pre for my wife and I cant get it activated. Sprints closed, so I cant call them. I know the ESN is clear - i called and got it transfered before they closed. My issue is it says it can connect to the internet. It keeps giving me a 'sign in failed' when I try to create a profile.

So, my question is, do any of you know how to get into the pre system and make sure it actually has the right number? I knw with other phones you can do ##2 and it will let you make sure the # is right.

Any advice?
    You could always use a "meta-doctor" to bypass the activation just to skip it
    ##786# and find the menu for resetting the phone. Reset it, and then enter the palm profile. I just had to do this for a used Pre I bought for my son.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    In not sprints *3 or *4 whatever open 24 hours?
  5.    #5  
    Meriwether - thanks that got me to a similiar screen to what im used too. but MSID is the old owners number and it wont let me change. I see the reset option, but it ask for a master subsidy lock. Im not sure what that is...
    That would be your MSL you need to call Sprint to get that...
    I don't think CDMA workshop would work on a Pre in that situation
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matts4313 View Post
    Meriwether - thanks that got me to a similiar screen to what im used too. but MSID is the old owners number and it wont let me change. I see the reset option, but it ask for a master subsidy lock. Im not sure what that is...
    Try 0000 if not gotta call sprint and ask for it.. thers old threads around here.
  8.    #8  
    I just need to get to the screen where you can change the MSID to my phone number and not the previous owners...
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matts4313 View Post
    I just need to get to the screen where you can change the MSID to my phone number and not the previous owners...
    I think you'll need the msl for that