1.    #1  
    For some reason whenever someone from my contacts calls me, their number and little picture don't show up instead my phone says "Unknown Caller" I've had numerous people from my contacts call me to test this and its still leaving me puzzled. I've performed several soft resets and a couple full device restarts (we all know how long those take...) and still my phones doing this. Very confused, any advice?
    Is the contact picture stored under the default contact account? I have google, exchange, and you view. All of them don't have a picture but when I set one of the ones that doesn't have a picture I get the unknown contact id.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah. I have my facebook synced with my phone so all my contacts generally have a contact picture. I haven't added a contact picture for any of them. So weird. Working this morning... not working anymore.
    So are your contacts linked and is facebook set as your primary profile in those accounts?
    This is happening to several people, but only the numbers that come in through their Google voice number are showing unknown caller. If the same person calls their sprint number everything works perfect.
    Have those people added google voice as a contact? There is an option in google voice to display google voice number or actual number.
  7. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scarflash View Post
    For some reason whenever someone from my contacts calls me, their number and little picture don't show up instead my phone says "Unknown Caller" I've had numerous people from my contacts call me to test this and its still leaving me puzzled. I've performed several soft resets and a couple full device restarts (we all know how long those take...) and still my phones doing this. Very confused, any advice?
    Maybe an obvious question, and I don't mean to be condescending in the least bit, but are you sure that these people allow their Caller ID info to be transmitted when they call you? I have Sprint block my outgoing Caller ID info so that I can call my clients from my cell phone without giving them the phone number (ensuring that they always call my office). Just a thought to check into...
    Same thing happen to me.. When I use google voice it says unknown veven if that person is my contact and I know they calling my number
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Maybe an obvious question, and I don't mean to be condescending in the least bit, but are you sure that these people allow their Caller ID info to be transmitted when they call you? I have Sprint block my outgoing Caller ID info so that I can call my clients from my cell phone without giving them the phone number (ensuring that they always call my office). Just a thought to check into...
    Haha its fine. I was sitting next to my friend to test it out and he wasnt using* 67 or anything. And I don't use google voice. Ive talked to the verizon store and this all happened because my family plan changed from alltel to verizon. Hopefully this will fix itself over the next couple days.