Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Is this a motherboard issue or what. What is it mechanically or internally that distinguishes one from the other?
    No...some processors in a batch just aren't going to have the ability to overclock to "x mhz/ghz"...and some will...doesnt mean anything is wrong...afterall you are clocking it higher than recommended by manufacterer..

EDIT: Although I do have a buddy of mine that put a snapdragon in one of his old Palm phones (not a Pre)...it took him 3 times to get it to work...he gave me a live demo and all...

EDIT: My old Pre wore "pink underwear"....right now I am too lazy to go to the doctor and put everything back together on my new Pre to see if this one is a Chuck Norris....so 1ghz is just fine...
    Last edited by ferriskeanu; 08/21/2010 at 11:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    So changing the processor hack is out of the question?
    Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    So changing the processor hack is out of the question?
    Sorry...not sure what you mean....
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ferriskeanu View Post
    Sorry...not sure what you mean....
    I mean the only way to convert device would be to replace processor. If this is correct?
    I think he means is there any way to physically swap out the processor, perhaps for a newer and faster TI OMAP
    I mean the only way to convert device would be to replace processor. If this is correct?
    It's not quite that easy to just toss another processor in there...also a little past my pay grade to answer...I know the snapdragon has been overclocked to 1.2+ghz....and the "hummingbird" has been overclocked to 1.2ghz as well as a 1.6ghz kernel that has not been released....
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Referring to the thread, maybe he mean a way of checking if a pre is a chuck by the serial number or through some other physical means eg., some numbers on the processor?
    It's not quite that easy to just toss another processor in there...also a little past my pay grade to answer...I know the snapdragon has been overclocked to 1.2+ghz....and the "hummingbird" has been overclocked to 1.2ghz as well as a 1.6ghz kernel that has not been released....
    Swapping out the soldered in processor would not be near as easy as, say, swapping out the radio board from a sprint pre to a verizon or att pre plus to make a sprint palm pre plus.

Referring to the thread, maybe he mean a way of checking if a pre is a chuck by the serial number or through some other physical means eg., some numbers on the processor?
    There have been no reports of what hardware combination constitutes a chuck pre as of yet, and those who really know what they are doing are trying hard to figure it out.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    and the "hummingbird" has been overclocked to 1.2ghz as well as a 1.6ghz kernel that has not been released....
    First time i've heard of a 1.6 kernal.
    Pretty much only article google pulled up on the kernal
    Samsung Galaxy S Can Be Boosted Up-To 1.6Ghz
    No way of finding out other than finding out (ie testing it)...but be prepared for the Doctor...and don't whine when you must (not saying you will...just saying)
    No way of finding out other than finding out (ie testing it)...but be prepared for the Doctor...and don't whine when you must (not saying you will...just saying)
    I doctored my Pre 3x yesterday as I was experimenting with it. My Pre wears pink underwear. F105 it will have to remain.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Swapping out the soldered in processor would not be near as easy as, say, swapping out the radio board from a sprint pre to a verizon or att pre plus to make a sprint palm pre plus.

There have been no reports of what hardware combination constitutes a chuck pre as of yet, and those who really know what they are doing are trying hard to figure it out.
    It took my buddy 3 times to finally get that Snapdragon in...lol
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post

Yeah I bet there's good money in finding that out.
    Yeah I bet there's good money in finding that out.
    Not good money...however we are lucky that they sacrifice their time and should always consider donating....
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Not good money...however we are lucky that they sacrifice their time and should always consider donating....
    Not necessarily money but I mean overall generally there is good money in the computing industry for making processors faster.
    Who doesn't want a smartphone running 1.6ghz?
    Not necessarily money but I mean overall generally there is good money in the computing industry for making processors faster.
    Who doesn't want a smartphone running 1.6ghz?
    Anyone who wants a full days use out of it
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Anyone who wants a full days use out of it
    I think a lot of it comes from the design industry is the reason they put 1400 mAh batteries in most devices. I like pre design with the original battery but the 2600 makes so i am spending less time looking for my charger and enjoying my phone. I don't understand other than design why they don't put 3200 mAh batteries in new devices.
    Too thick for anyone to buy them, people want thin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast