1.    #1  
    Do I need to worry about battery temp or just the CPU temp? I have the temp device patch installed and get warnings sometimes when on the touchstone. I'm also overclocking using uberkenal and govnah. CPU temps don't get anywhere near the red zone. 55c from what I understand.
    Anyway I just want to know if I can stop worrying about the battery temp and just let the govnah do it's thing. Lowering processor speed if CPU temps get to high.
    Good question... I would say yes! The CPU temp is suffice. As for as the battery temp warning patch that's by choice. Personally, I don't use it. Uberkernal now carries a high temp monitor that prevent the phone CPU from getting too hot, and then reverse process back to factory default...once the temp goes beyond a certain point.
    Last edited by RL; 08/21/2010 at 06:39 PM.
    What is the max temperature Govnah will allow?
    As of version 1.4.1-87 of UberKernel, once the CPU temperature hits 55C, it will automatically clock itself down to 500MHz in order to cool itself. Once the temperature drops to 50C, it will resume running at whatever speed you've set it at.
    Last edited by RL; 08/21/2010 at 06:37 PM.
    I have uberkernel version 1.4.5-87 and a couple of days ago my cpu reached 72c and i had to manually clock down to 500mhz. The govnah upper left temp reading had flames on it..lol...oh and nothing happen to my pre..
    Quote Originally Posted by BINNY42 View Post
    I have uberkernel version 1.4.5-87 and a couple of days ago my cpu reached 72c and i had to manually clock down to 500mhz. The govnah upper left temp reading had flames on it..lol...oh and nothing happen to my pre..
    I had the same thing happen. I was running UberKernel had it plugged in and had my custom 1GHz UserSpace profile setup and in use... The phone did not automatically down clock when i plugged it into the wall and after running a few programs I am working on the CPU temp was 70c. Once i noticed that I manually clocked it down and when it got to 55c I shut it down via command line "since I was already ssh'd in".
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Hot CPU = shorter life span
    Hot battery = potential for thermal runaway
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    I had the same thing happen. I was running UberKernel had it plugged in and had my custom 1GHz UserSpace profile setup and in use... The phone did not automatically down clock when i plugged it into the wall and after running a few programs I am working on the CPU temp was 70c. Once i noticed that I manually clocked it down and when it got to 55c I shut it down via command line "since I was already ssh'd in".
    Please paste the portion of /var/log/messages which covers this period if it happens again. The kernel syslogs whenever it detects an overtemp and when it goes below the unclamp temperature again, so you will be able to tell from the kernel log whether it is working or not.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I looked through the messages log and there is absolutely nothing in reference to a state change because of the temperature being above the threshold or even dropping below the reference level. Kinda strange, but everything else seems to be working fine otherwise, so I really can't complain.

"Until my launch day Pre goes up in flames" Hahaha
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]