1.    #1  
    came across the user on ebay called "planetunlock"
    Unlock Code for AT&T Cingular Palm Pre Plus ATT - eBay (item 170489605833 end time Sep-18-10 21:22:14 PDT)

anyone had any luck with this? sure beats nextgenserver price
    One thing to keep in mind with these IMEI carrier unlock codes is that if you ever need to send your Pre in for repair, Palm will probably relock the phone (they've done that in the past).
    Jic tech's unlock (sold by nextgen) is irreversible (unless essential hardware is replaced)
    Don't get your point about relocking. This is no different than asking AT&T for an unlock code.

JIC's unlock is also unlock code based, just that they use software to calculate it instead of looking in AT&T's database. The "permanent" thing is that it won't get relocked via updates like the iPhone does.

Only real problem is if they actually have the Pre codes in the database.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I agree and your story does make sense.
    However, I vaguely remember Goma's IMEI unlocked Spanish QWERTY phones coming back relocked from Palm UK Repair, and Max confirming his unlock could not be reversed that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I agree and your story does make sense.
    However, I vaguely remember Goma's IMEI unlocked Spanish QWERTY phones coming back relocked from Palm UK Repair, and Max confirming his unlock could not be reversed that way.
    Don't recall that, I just remember Goma stopping the sales of unlocked Pres.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  6.    #6  
    uhhh guys... lol back to the thread i get what yall are saying but im not that anal that if the pre breaks that ill send it in i could just go get another one it would just be nice to have it unlocked well after reading reviews from pople on that persons comment page theres alot of neg feedback
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I looked at the seller's feedback rating details, all I could find was these for ATT Palm Pre Plus.

1. Seller couldn't provide unlock code but provided helpful info, then quick refund

2. Didn't recieve a code, but I got the refund, communication was good. Soo....
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    I looked at the seller's feedback rating details, all I could find was these for ATT Palm Pre Plus.
    i read alot of that also so i guess thats outta the question
    ima keep looking around
    Last edited by jbg7474; 08/25/2010 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Deleted some personal bickering
  9.    #9  
    close thread please
    Okay. Thread closed.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer