Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. double1's Avatar
    Posts
    323 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
       #1  
    How can Palm improve on the wave? I know its not really used much but what is it's potential? If you look at it and play with it it is really an experience hard to explain.
    I was thinking bars of waves across the screen to launch apps.
    Multitouch wave, twoo pinger functions
    Who invented the 'wave' and what is the proper name for the software used to create this magnapiece.
  2. #2  
    Don't know the answers to your questions, but I, personally, love the wave. I have the Pixi - so smaller screen real estate - and keep the launcher bar hidden. So I love being able to sweep up from the bottom and pull up my fav apps. I have weathericon on my wave (updates the icon to current temp & weather every 20 min) so I can see that whenever without opening another app.
  3. #3  
    I would like the option to have a 'stacks' option like in Mac OSX. Say you do the up-swipe on the launcher bar on the homescreen I woukd like to be able to set 5 groups and inside each group have 3-5 apps to select from. And whenever you can't see the launcher bar make the wave act the normal way.
  4. #4  
    I've only ever used it to play with it, just to see it in action! Never used it otherwise.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    How can Palm improve on the wave? I know its not really used much but what is it's potential? If you look at it and play with it it is really an experience hard to explain.
    I was thinking bars of waves across the screen to launch apps.
    Multitouch wave, twoo pinger functions
    Who invented the 'wave' and what is the proper name for the software used to create this magnapiece.
    someone had a similar idea for this a few months ago. like each icon on the wave had four or five others that would appear as a verticle row when you were touching one of the initital five. it does seem like a sweeet idea. i love the wave, and with something like that, i'd never really use the launcher.

    it would also win the arguement in here from last night about android vs webOS being easier to multitask. no holding the home then selecting one of the open apps; just wave up and pick the one you want -one motion.

    there would have to be a setting that held them all out launcher style though, for the purpose of arranging them as one liked.
    Last edited by igobytony; 08/21/2010 at 11:15 AM. Reason: had a thought (crazy, i know)
  6. #6  
    the initial icon in the wave could be like a category, or somehting. then you could have "games" or what ever, and if you had your finger over the games spot (maybe the second of five vertical sections onf the screen), maybe the top could be nfsu, second fifth hero of sparts, and so on going down through each fifth of the screen.
  7. #7  
    I always thought that some kind of hierarchal wave menu would be awesome instead of the regular pull down menus at the top. Pull-down menus are so "XP"/last gen.
    Such as...1/2 swipe from the top and you get a WiFi Icon, BT Icon, Airplane Mode Icon or App options Icon for the app currently in focus. That would be sooo webOS "2.0"
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    I would like the option to have a 'stacks' option like in Mac OSX. Say you do the up-swipe on the launcher bar on the homescreen I woukd like to be able to set 5 groups and inside each group have 3-5 apps to select from. And whenever you can't see the launcher bar make the wave act the normal way.
    I don't think making it super-difficult is going to make more people use it.

    That said, I use it all the time to open my quicklaunch apps from within other apps, without having to swipe out of the app first. I totally love it, but a lot of people don't seem to. I think I'd miss it if it went away.
  9. #9  
    i use the wave all the time.. everyone i show it to, thinks its awesome
  10. double1's Avatar
    Posts
    323 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
       #10  
    Drag and drop things from the wave into an app.
    Integrate the wave into applications/web browser somehow.
  11. #11  
    an option to remove it would be nice. I don't use it and find it annoying.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I don't think making it super-difficult is going to make more people use it.

    That said, I use it all the time to open my quicklaunch apps from within other apps, without having to swipe out of the app first. I totally love it, but a lot of people don't seem to. I think I'd miss it if it went away.
    i'd definitely miss it. i use it all the time; literally any time i have an app that is all the way to the front and i need to open a new one. unless the new one is already open, i use advanced gesture.

    i really hope there is some additional functionality built into the wave. i love to navigate webOS. every other phone just feels... ********? idk, just like it's way behind...
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf View Post
    an option to remove it would be nice. I don't use it and find it annoying.
    just make sure that if you ever swipe up from the gesture area, you remove your finger from the screen at the end of the swipe before too long

    lol it would be nice to remove it. i'd never do it, but more customization options is always a good thing.

Posting Permissions