Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    didn't think the Pre was a robust phone; it just looks so fragile.
    My wife threw it at me in anger, it smashed on my head then crashed on the wall.... Still works perfectly. As a matter of fact, I'm using it right now to write this post. LOL
    Let me know if you've experienced something similar and you PRE still works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by morngkilr View Post
    didn't think the Pre was a robust phone; it just looks so fragile.
    My wife threw it at me in anger, it smashed on my head then crashed on the wall.... Still works perfectly. As a matter of fact, I'm using it right now to write this post. LOL
    Let me know if you've experienced something similar and you PRE still works fine.
    Nope, my wife has never thrown my phone at me. And if she had I think I would sleep with one eye open and always sit with my back towards a wall.

And my Pre still works like a charm.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    The first time I dropped mine it cracked.
    I love this phone so much, I wouldn't even dare let another hold it. :-)
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I dropped mine on the hardwood floor, it bounced and skipped about 6' away. Picked it up, worked fine. Tough enough for me.
    I dropped mine once, cracked the screen and it ruined the touchscreen functions...$120 repair, they gave me a new one.
    Twitter: adamcarter
    mine has slid off the top of a car; been dropped numerous times from chest height onto concrete, wood floors, tile; on two occasions it has fallen out of my pocket while riding my bike; once i had it in a shirt pocket and when i bunny-hopped over a chain that was blocking a parking lot entry it flew out of my pocket to about seven feet in the air, and landed on the pavement.

there's more, but these are the first that come to mind.

power button's still okay, oreo's same as it ever was (which given how much i love to use this device is easily tolerable to me). i obviously have more than a few scratches, but only a couple are on the screen. i did just start to get the USB door crack, but at this point, i think i could probably take the blame for it!

i might get a case or something for the next webOS device, but i kind of hate cases on phones.
    I am old enough to remember the "Takes a licking, and keeps on ticking." TV ad campaign for the Timex watch company (wearing an Expedition now!). Also, the Samsonite commercial series comes to mind.
    Prē
    the pre and pixie are a lot tougher than what a small minority on this forum would have you believe!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    the pre and pixie are a lot tougher than what a small minority on this forum would have you believe!!!!
    VERY true.

They're designed to be shoved in pockets and purses and knocked around and still last for about 2 years of heavy daily use.

I've dropped mine on pavement about 3 times (always when getting out of the car after work) and a couple weeks ago, I actually dropped my pre while going up an escalator. It just kept bouncing. The Pre was bouncing, the escalator was climbing, and it all just kept going.

And I'm still on my first Pre after a year
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    Mine fell two meters face down onto concrete, and was fine.

I kept mine in a pocket with screws and nails for twenty minutes, and it was fine.

THEN AGAIN:

I once threw my phone on my bed - nothing hard in there and it landed on my pillow - and when I picked it up, a chip had come off from the upper edge. Just a piece broken cleanly out. Glued it together by now, but still...

I'm not sure, but maybe Pres shouldn't be pampered. I'll keep mine between some glass shards and a rock from now on, to make sure it doesn't break...
    mine fell a s-t-o-r-y .... Ontho a concrete floor. Put a tiny nick on the side. Tough enough for me..... The speaker should be replaceable though.
    I stepped right on the screen with my heel, barefoot. It didn't faze the phone. I was shocked it took that without a problem.
    My mobile biography: Nokia 5181i & 3589i -- Motorola v60i & A630 -- Palm Treo 650, Centro, Pre Plus, MyTouch 4G Slide, Pre 2, Pre 3, Nokia Lumia 521, Veer
    That is awesome that yours has held up so well. I have never dropped mine from a significant height and still have had three fail. Just luck I guess.

My real concern is why did your wife throw the phone at you?
    Loving my Pixi. Yes I am a guy and own a Pixi, get over it.

I threw mine at my wife so hard it cracked one of her horns. She was so angry she melted it.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/25/2010 at 02:14 AM. Reason: language filter
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDog View Post
    I threw mine at my wife so hard it cracked one of her horns. She was so angry she melted it.
    Wow -- first post and it made me laugh out loud. Nice work.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/25/2010 at 02:15 AM.
    My mobile biography: Nokia 5181i & 3589i -- Motorola v60i & A630 -- Palm Treo 650, Centro, Pre Plus, MyTouch 4G Slide, Pre 2, Pre 3, Nokia Lumia 521, Veer
    your wife must be a wimp. If my wife hit me with my phone it wouldn't have bounced off my head. It would have penetrated my skull the way you see straw sticking into a telephone pole after a tornado.
    My wife is so tough her mother used her as a Brillo pad to scour the pots and pans. She ran out of that pink soap before I married her.
    I bought the Seido Inocase hard case or whatever it's called (the most popular one in the precentral store). Dropped it and the case itself actually took a huge chunk of plastic out of the side of the phone (right where it clips into the side on the top slider). Don't buy that case if you like your Pre.
    When I first got my Pre in June of 09, I was getting out of my car and I forgot my phone was sitting on my lap, it flew about 6 feet and slid across the street. I picked it up and there was no damage. Luckily for me, I had installed a invisible shield and there was no cracks or scratches on the screen. Now when ever I get out of my car, I make sure that my phone is always in my pocket.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast