1.    #1  
    I'm sorry to post this in the general forum, but wasn't exactly sure where to post this concern. Please move it as needed.

My goal is to ultimately have all my music in one place & most of it on my Palm Pre Plus. Here is my concern:

I have been using Itunes over the years to manage my music (using a Ipod Nano). I have music on 2 computers, the main desktop no longer has internet access (another long story) & a few songs on a lap top. First I need to get all music onto one device & then sync w/ my pre & Ipod. (I mentioned the desktop does not have internet access so it is not a possibility to download a new software program & then "transfer" it via software, will probably have to use the Ipod as the transfer device.)

I'm attempting to choose the "right" mp3 software (MediaMonkey, Songbird, etc) but don't know which is best (given the above situation).

So, in looking @ the software options, I have to solve my problem of having music in different places before I get it onto my Pre. I have 95% of the music on the Ipod but when I "authorize" the laptop, only part of the music shows up on the laptop (not all of it).

I realize this is not a "Pre/WebOs" issue but ultimately I want to get my music onto my Pre & would prefer to do it with one program which would seemlessly sovle all the problems....

Thanx in advance...
    Last edited by sherryterry1; 08/21/2010 at 09:54 AM. Reason: spelling
    Good News! You can get all of your music on your Pre with NO ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE.

1. Connect your Pre to a computer and put it in USB mode.
    2. Create a Music folder in your Pre's USB drive.
    3. With the Music folder window open, open up iTunes
    4. Select all of the songs you want to move to your Pre and drag and drop them to your Music folder on your Pre USB. It will copy everything over just like a sync would.
    5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 on every other computer you have music on.

That's it. Now all of your music is on your Pre and if you want it all back in a single iTunes install, just import it all back to a single computer.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  3.    #3  
    Thanx so much!! I've spent months wringing my hands not knowing what to do...and it's such an easy fix!!! Thank you sooo very much!!! Will let you know how it works....
    Also, you may not have to switch from iTunes anyway - HP has recently bought a company whose product was a music streaming service called nuTsie, which let you wirelessly stream your iTunes library from anywhere, PC on or off.
    Quote Originally Posted by sherryterry1 View Post
    Thanx so much!! I've spent months wringing my hands not knowing what to do...and it's such an easy fix!!! Thank you sooo very much!!! Will let you know how it works....
    Great, I am glad you found it helpful. I hope it helps you get everything you need accomplished.
    Quote Originally Posted by sherryterry1 View Post
    Your only problem will be that the Pre will not be able to play music that you have bought from iTunes that has DRM (digital rights management). iTunes now sells songs without DRM, but if you bought something a while ago, it probably has it.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Your only problem will be that the Pre will not be able to play music that you have bought from iTunes that has DRM (digital rights management). iTunes now sells songs without DRM, but if you bought something a while ago, it probably has it.
    Yep, I stopped buying music from iTunes a long time ago because of the DRM thing as well as the fact that iTunes wouldn't allow me to make an MP3 cd from any music purchased on their site. My car has an MP3 CD compatible player and at the time I didn't have a good portable music player (like my Pre) so it was the best option for long play road music.

I just get everything from Amazon MP3 so I can do whatever I want/need with the music I have purchased.