1.    #1  
    i've been using uberkernel with govnah ever since i got my pre.

at first, i was using ondemand governor on 125-800 min-max, 0.1s sampling rate, 95% up threshold, false ignore nice load, and 0 powersave bias. my battery lasted 12 hours, even on standby.

and then when screenstate got fixed where it doesn't think that the phone has the screen off when brightness is set to 0%, i switched to that with 250-800. i got a 2 hour boost compared to ondemand on standby, but lost approximately 30 mins on usage.

i've been using my phone as an alarm clock, and under/overclocking while doing that isn't really good, since it messes up the time. so what happened is, i put the governor setting to palm default, and apparently i forgot to put it back. i was surprised my battery lasted for more than a day (24h) on slight usage and standby.

being bothered by long battery life at 500mhz, i tried using the preset 500-800 screenstate, and apparently it still lasts more than a day on standby, and i still enjoy the fast benefits of 800mhz.

i don't know why, but shouldn't 250mhz drain less battery than 500mhz? i don't know how that makes sense, but i'll just use 500-800 screenstate since it gives me the performance for the battery life.

does someone know about this strange phenomenon? or is it just me? i hope this would help people get more battery life.

cheers
    (Reiyu) i don't know why, but shouldn't 250mhz drain less battery than 500mhz? i don't know how that makes sense, but i'll just use 500-800 screenstate since it gives me the performance for the battery life.

{RL} response.

From what I've heard and understand kernal min only go down to 500mhz. 250mhz would be awesome if it were possible. Hpalm clock the phones to a min of 500mhz, maybe because they found out that some phones doesn't function well on anything lower.
    There's a concept called "race to idle" which can result in better batt performance even at higher speeds. See this:

LessWatts.org - Saving Power on Intel systems with Linux
  4.    #4  
    hmm, the race to idle concept does make sense. then again, is the phone smart enough to know that the phone is idling? would that mean even if i put fixed speed 800, it would consume the same battery as 500/800 on idle?

time for another experiment then.

i observed something new, now my phone clock (watch) doesn't update unless i turn on the screen. this is getting really weird on my end.
    Last edited by reiyu; 08/21/2010 at 02:31 PM.
    @reiyu, I observed something new, now my phone clock (watch) doesn't update unless i turn on the screen. this is getting really weird on my end.

{RL} respond.
    You might wanna do a full reset, and see if that fixes the problem.
  6.    #6  
    i just shut down my phone, took out the battery, put it back after a while, and it fixed itself. pretty weird.