1.    #1  
    im using the save/restore app and pre backup utility. i just ran those and the palm backup....and im going to doctor my phone....is there any steps i can take to insure my phone is restored to like i have it now?
    *~When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself~*
    Don't rely on Palm Backup! There are issues restoring after a doctor that are unrecoverable. Save/Restore will get your Pre back to it's current state (minus Text msgs and phone call history).
  3.    #3  
    yea ive never had a problem with the palm backup....this is my first time doctoring with the save/restore app and the pre backup utility....so when its done....i just install preware and go from there?
    *~When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself~*
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    yes just reinstall preware, save/restore, and restore. don't forget to create a restore file (or whatever it does) b4 you doctor.
  5.    #5  
    did that and transfered it to my laptop just in case....i know doctor doesnt touch the usb part.....but just being cautious lol
    pre back up utility will save text msg , phone log etc.... Just doctored mine on thurs day...
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    pre back up utility will save text msg , phone log etc.... Just doctored mine on thurs day...
    Save/Restore backs up your msg's as well. It just doesn't restore them.

Make sure and read up on restoring txt msg and phone logs before doing it. It can be very persnickity if everything isn't just right and you may not see problems for a while.

Saver/Restore and Preware Saved Package list though are a no fail combination.

While many say you can't trust your Palm Profile, I have found the opposite to be true. I have had an occasion where it became corrupt, but I called Palm and they have multiple copies of your profile and took it back to a date where it was good, restored the profile and I got all of my stuff back no problem.

Sounds like you are ready. Doctor away!
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups