Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    While I am frustrated because I have been patiently waiting (when I say patiently, I mean patiently since the first time Palm announced WebOS and I know it's not Palm's fault) to see WebOS on T-Mobile's backyard, I just thought if HP/Palm already had similar form factor of the Blackberry Torch due to be released somethime this year as a successor to the current Pre models? And now HP/Palm is back on their drawingboard to re-design the new hardware? When do you think HP/Palm would release their next device maybe an unlocked Pre Plus that supports all 3G radio? How hard and expensive it is to come up with an unlocked device that would support all available 3G radio in this tiny world?

Anybody wants to give their thoughts?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Find GSM Pre in market place I see them go cheaper than contract prices every week. Take someone to unlock usually less than 20 bucks if you find one of those shady tmobile stores that will work with you might even get it cheaper. If you live in north ill I know one. I saw a lady come in with a broken phone and the dude added insurance to her phone and set it to begin two months back so she could claim it and her plan would say she had insurance for a while. Thats probably illegal but pretty cool of the tmobile guy. Just depends who you get.
    You don't redo 1+ year of research and development because a competitor releases a similar product.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmanapat View Post
    While I am frustrated because I have been patiently waiting (when I say patiently, I mean patiently since the first time Palm announced WebOS and I know it's not Palm's fault) to see WebOS on T-Mobile's backyard, I just thought if HP/Palm already had similar form factor of the Blackberry Torch due to be released somethime this year as a successor to the current Pre models? And now HP/Palm is back on their drawingboard to re-design the new hardware? When do you think HP/Palm would release their next device maybe an unlocked Pre Plus that supports all 3G radio? How hard and expensive it is to come up with an unlocked device that would support all available 3G radio in this tiny world?

Anybody wants to give their thoughts?
    agree about building a device that accepts all 3g radio that would be killer
    google made a killing selling the nexus 1 which they built a version for att and tmobile wish all companys did that
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    i thought the nexus only made money becasue it was the first 1ghz smartphone. i hated the fact that you had to purchase it from google, and that at the time cost around $500. I totaly prefer having a contract with a lower cell price. im sure if the nexus one came out now or anytime after another 1ghz smartphone...it wouldnt of done well at all. it only did good becasue it was the only one out there. there was no competition and people who wanted to show that they got the best of the best went and gave google their money.
    nexxus one was a flop. It didn't sell well until developers realized they could buy it cheap and use it to develop for all the successful android phones...
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    nexxus one was a flop. It didn't sell well until developers realized they could buy it cheap and use it to develop for all the successful android phones...
    i agree with this

and palm wouldn't redo an entire phone design because of rim lol not onlyt hat but neither were the first slider phones so its not as big a deal as you think.
    i wouldnt say nexus one was a complete flop. it was more or less google who flopped.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sepherous View Post
    i agree with this

and palm wouldn't redo an entire phone design because of rim lol not onlyt hat but neither were the first slider phones so its not as big a deal as you think.
    I'm starting to realize that palm wouldn't redo a design only because of other product that just got released but touching and feeling the Torch is what made me think that "Hey, this could be the form-factor of our next generation Pre.". in my opinion, the size and feel of Torch would make it much better if it's got WebOS instead of Blackberry.

Again, this is just my personal opinion.
    kind of had the same thoughts when i saw and held the new torch. palm/hp next palm pre should be similar (about the same size and form factor but with better screen specs).