1.    #1  
    as you can see by the title, you can till my problem here is the story. So I got a girls number last night from work, . woke up this morning to save it and i get an error each time. I tried to save it by text NO that didnt work then threw contacts No that didnt work,,,, I have no clue what to do. Can you help me out
    Check to see if you have an account tied to the contact you are trying to save... you can tell by looking at the icon in the very top left corner of the contact. Do you have the double-blue arrows of for the palm profile, or google, etc? i was having a problem where a contact would not save because it did not have any account tied to it, but once i tapped on that icon and select "palm profile", it worked just fine
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  3.    #3  
    uhmmmm not sure about that, but now i testing and i cant add any one
    what error are you getting??? And exactly what steps are you taking to add the contacts and and what step does it give you the error??
  5.    #5  
    ok so here are my steps
    1)phone app saw number in my history click save as new contact
    2)another screen shows so i can add the name, click done
    Error( There was an error saving this contact. please try again later)
    2nd way to save
    contacts app
    1)click add contact
    2)another screen opens so i can add the name click done
    Error( There was an error saving this contact. please try again later)

any number i use, any name i make up same error
    that's odd...ar you using the palm profile as your main contacts profile?...or another like google...yahoo...ect?
    Same thing happened to me yesterday!
    I did a restart and all was well again.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by notalexrz View Post
    that's odd...ar you using the palm profile as your main contacts profile?...or another like google...yahoo...ect?
    let me double check, and i just found out that cant recv her text too

and i reset my phone 3times
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    let me double check, and i just found out that cant recv her text too

and i reset my phone 3times
    Your database may be corrupt. You can call Palm and have them restore one from an earlier date and then they will have you do an apps and data erase and reload your restored profile.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    You didn't answer the question about your default profile. If it's set to Yahoo, Facebook, AIM or just about anything besides an EAS account, GMail Account, or the Palm Profile, you're not going to be able to save the contact.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You didn't answer the question about your default profile. If it's set to Yahoo, Facebook, AIM or just about anything besides an EAS account, GMail Account, or the Palm Profile, you're not going to be able to save the contact.

yes i just check and i palm profile is the default
    I had this issue for about 5 days. After upgrading to 1.4.5 on sprint pre.

I performed a Dr visit and since 1.4.5 would get stuck at 72% I had to install 1.4.1 and load all my apps and hacks first and lastly log into my gmail profile otherwise I would lose all sounds!

This took me 5 days to figure out but that was the only way I could get my contact db to work.

Steps
    1 - Dr to 1.4.1 or 1.4.5 if your phone accepts it
    2 - Load all OA Apps from Palm
    3 - Upgrade to 1.4.5
    4 - Install preware and restore your tweaks (hacks)
    5 - Enter your credentials for your email account (for me it was gmail)

If you enter your credentials during the initialization of the phone, your Contacts db gets corrupt and then you will lose your sounds. All sounds.

It has something to do with the Contacts db. I don't know what it was but after 5 days of troubleshooting I came up with the solution.

Edit: The steps above are basic steps. In between I used Save/Restore and updated Preware Feeds many times after each Luna restart or phone reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    yes i just check and i palm profile is the default
    I don't believe it has anything to do with the online profile, it is the phone's onboard db that is getting corrupt somehow..
  14.    #14  
    i havent dr my phone yet, im trying to avoid that, any other ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Check to see if you have an account tied to the contact you are trying to save... you can tell by looking at the icon in the very top left corner of the contact. Do you have the double-blue arrows of for the palm profile, or google, etc? i was having a problem where a contact would not save because it did not have any account tied to it, but once i tapped on that icon and select "palm profile", it worked just fine
    The suggestion above worked for me. I started having this issue after the upgrade I think. During contact entry, the icon at the VERY top right was empty grey and I could not save it.. Once I touched this grey icon and selected a profile it saved!

If I do goto contact preferences it does show a default profile selected but it doesnt seem to honor this?

Previous to this I found that restarting the phone would temporarily correct the issue, but after some time had passed it would stop saving new contacts again.

My history is that the palm update to 1.4.5 happen unexpectedly, I didnt have a chance to uninstall any patches (I dont have any themes). Everything else appears to be working fine once I updated all apps using Preware after the updated installed.

I can live this this, but curious to know if there is a perm fix without restoring.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Had the same issue and changing it to palm profile did the trick!
    I believe 2 out of 5 members including myself had have this problem at some point. What I did was run a webos repair utility, and afterward did a hard reset(Batt Pull), and problem solved.

^_^
    have had this issue for weeks. Never knew about the various profiles. Switched to palm and no problem saving contacts again. Big thanks!