Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1.    #1  
    Did anyone notice that with 1.4.5 if you download any video from youtube you are not able any more to send it by email... that sucks!!!! like I said my Google maps work 3x faster, etc etc. I love this phone but don't screw up the good things that we already have plz!!!!!
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/20/2010 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Language - PG13 forum. If you're auto censored please edit your post.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by gestrada0141 View Post
    Did anyone notice that with 1.4.5 if you download any video from youtube you are not able any more to send it by email... that sucks!!!! like I said my Google maps work 3x faster, etc etc. I love this phone but dont **** up the good things that we already have plz!!!!!
    What size is the video? Have you tried on multiple videos that vary in size

    Pip
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gestrada0141 View Post
    Did anyone notice that with 1.4.5 if you download any video from youtube you are not able any more to send it by email... that sucks!!!! like I said my Google maps work 3x faster, etc etc. I love this phone but dont **** up the good things that we already have plz!!!!!

    Hmmm... Running 1.4.5, just went and downloaded a short video from YouTube (18 sec long, 1.22MB) and sent it to my work email. Worked fine.

    However I haven't noticed any performance improvement in Google Maps.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    What size is the video? Have you tried on multiple videos that vary in size

    Pip
    yes! I did and still dont working... like I said with the other software you could dowload any video from youtube and send it from you phone by email... but now you cant do that....
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Hmmm... Running 1.4.5, just went and downloaded a short video from YouTube (18 sec long, 1.22MB) and sent it to my work email. Worked fine.

    However I haven't noticed any performance improvement in Google Maps.
    well back then ... i could do that with any video size.... and yes my Google maps is more accurate now with the 1.4.5!!!!
  6.    #6  
    Im downloaded one of my own short video from youtube ( 16sec long, 1.16MB) and Im still not able to modificate (make it short) or send it by email....
  7. #7  
    Sorry...not trying to hijack the thread..but how do you download youtube videos on the phone?...i can try it on my end and let you know how it went.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Sorry...not trying to hijack the thread..but how do you download youtube videos on the phone?...i can try it on my end and let you know how it went.
    ok.... You just go to Youtube app and search for any video... and when you click it for more info... you will have two option: More and share... click at more and them click at Download.... let me kown if you are able to send it by email after download it.... thanks!
  9. #9  
    I get More from this author OR Related Videos options dont see the Download option
  10. #10  
    you need to install the patch from preware in order to download videos from youtube
  11. #11  
    oh...sorry i have a virgin phone haven't =)
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Emceesquared View Post
    you need to install the patch from preware in order to download videos from youtube
    Sorry folks I thought I had mentioned that when I renamed the thread...guess not.

    oh, and...<<Thread Renamed>>
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/20/2010 at 12:27 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Sorry folks I thought I had mentioned that when I renamed the thread...guess not.

    oh, and...<<Thread Renamed>>
    sorry about that !!! I just need help...
  14.    #14  
    Did anyone find out something about why I cant email any video that I download from Youtube? plz! let me know if i was able to do that back then....
    [/SIZE]
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by gestrada0141 View Post
    Did anyone find out something about why I cant email any video that I download from Youtube? plz! let me know if i was able to do that back then....
    [/SIZE]
    Theres a patch that lets you do that but it hasnt being updated.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Theres a patch that lets you do that but it hasnt being updated.
    So !!! are you tell me that is the reason why I cant do that anymore... cuz I have that patch and I have a week try to figure it out.....
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by gestrada0141 View Post
    So !!! are you tell me that is the reason why I cant do that anymore... cuz I have that patch and I have a week try to figure it out.....
    Yes. The package hasn't being updated for WebOs 1.4.5.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  18. #18  
    I've also noticed that videos taken directly from the phone still have all options (renaming title, editing video length & emailing them) it's the ones that are below that divider line (the ones you add via usb or downloaded) that don't have these options anymore. Check it out & see for yourself.
    if you move your videos from video folder to DCIM/100 Palm on the USB drive top folder (or use internals) all of the features are now usable again.
    Last edited by bodyshop; 08/22/2010 at 12:15 PM.
  19. #19  
    I cropped a video that I moved & sent it as email & as SMS attachment with no problem.
  20. #20  
    i downloaded a video from youtube and was trying to upload it to facebook on my palm pre, but when i would go to the video it wouldnt give me the options. once i moved the video from my downloads to dcim using internalz, i was able to upload or email the video.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions