1.    #1  
    Hi,

When I plug my palm pre into my computer the phone starts charging but nothing comes up on my computer or phone asking me to select just charge and the other options.

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance for any help
    are you in developer mode?

if you want to see it as usb, hold down Orange+Sym+U
    Ever unlock your phone?
    What webos version are you running?

Pip
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    this problem sound familiar to me and yes same problem with my pre a few weeks ago I have to get a new one for this one and problem solve.
    I bought a cable from Best Buy that did this, make sure you're using an OEM "data" cable and not a generic ebay or Best Buy one.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    I bought a cable from Best Buy that did this, make sure you're using an OEM "data" cable and not a generic ebay or Best Buy one.
    I'll second this. Most of my cables are fine but a couple of them refused to make a data connection and I couldn't work out why.

I have not had the same problem with other 3rd party cables though so it is not a general problem.
  7. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Osmond View Post
    Hi,

When I plug my palm pre into my computer the phone starts charging but nothing comes up on my computer or phone asking me to select just charge and the other options.

How can I fix this?

Try rebooting both your phone and the computer, and see if that doesn't fix the problem. Often times, that's all that's needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Osmond View Post
    Hi,

How can I fix this?

Your problem is windows needs to install driver software for your novocom linux. Palm pre driver need to be enable on your PC. Go into the device manager, by right clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage", then clicking on "Device Manager", and look for usb controller. Tap on it, then you'll see install or update, press either one.

Good luck, if you haven't already got it working. :-)