Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Ive noticed that the battery cover gets hot on the pre often. Im new to this phone, switched from blackberry. The major changes I've made to this phone is the Uberkernel via Preware, but even before that it was still getting hot. When I take it off the touchstone from charging it is very hot. Is there a fix for this or am I f888kd? I have the Sprint Pre BTW
    the palm pre does this its just the way of the pre ! find the device warning patch that will notify you if it gets to hot . when it gets too hot while charging you can just unhook it for a few min. and let it cool down a little then put it back on .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    That doesn't help me when I'm letting it sit on the touchstone overnight - a couple of times it's actually drained the battery down all the way.

Or is something else happening?
    when it drains down all the way, its because it wasnt placed correctly on the touchstone witch causes it to continuiously show the just charging notification and while its not charging it drains faster because it is using more power showing or alerting you that the battery isnt charging. of course if you have the patch that removes the chargings alert , this can be bad because your not aware that its not charging correctly.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I usually slide it open on the touchstone overnight. I think this increases the overall surface area and helps heat dissipate.
    My Pre has been sitting on a TS charger now for almost 15 months now with no ill effects.
    As far as I've read in the forums, the Pre can withstand the heat. It might get a little flaky or restart, but I've heard of no permanent damage from heat. That might be annoying in the Summer, but it's a good hand-warmer in the Winter.
    Pet Peave: When people use photographs of themselves as Avatars. There's something unsettling about their big faces staring back at me in the forums. . . . Maybe I'm just paranoid.
    My Pre always gets hot when charging, and often when downloading. I've seen no ill effects so far...
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by helofast View Post
    Ive noticed that the battery cover gets hot on the pre often. Im new to this phone, switched from blackberry. The major changes I've made to this phone is the Uberkernel via Preware, but even before that it was still getting hot. When I take it off the touchstone from charging it is very hot. Is there a fix for this or am I f888kd? I have the Sprint Pre BTW
    In addition to opening the slider to help dissapate heat, creating a little airflow from a fan or near an A/C vent will work wonders.

The latest Uberkernel integrates a temp cutoff sensor and will drop back to stock speeds if it gets to 50 and reset at 55.

Of course if you are using the screenstate setting it should be running at stock speeds on the TS anyway.

But as you have already seen and others confirmed. The Pre battery will get warm/hot while charging or being heavily used even without being overclocked.

Lastly, having it misplaced slightly on the TS will cause additional heat as well since it is attempting to charge very inefficiently. You might go to a Sprint Store and have them check your battery. It could just be a bad battery. I have had one bad battery that did that out of the five Pre's I have used.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups