Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a couple of Built-in apps on my PPP that I know I will absolutely never use and want to take them off. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks. (One is the Amazon mp# App... never happen).
    i dont think you can remove them but there is a patch that would hide the apps, forgot the name of the patch though. they used it to hide the nascar app before, dunno if its still available and if it does, it should do the trick
    Quote Originally Posted by greendragonflyz View Post
    I have a couple of Built-in apps on my PPP that I know I will absolutely never use and want to take them off. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks. (One is the Amazon mp# App... never happen).
    If you have preware on your phone, then you'll find available patches that will hide them. Ps. Palm original apps can't be remove from phone.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    ya u mean like football and nascar? ha i think we all agree that they need to ge but hey thank god we can hide them. just look in preware under patches. under browser there are ones to hide some of the ones a lot of us don't like.
    Did I miss the "hide the ATT navigator" app? what group is it under?
    Doh!! found it under launcher. MMMMM donuts.....
  7.    #7  
    Thanks everyone for the help. Now I just have to figure out how to get Preware onto my phone. But that's another forum topic I'm sure.
    download 'i love homebrew' from the official app catalog to figure out how to get preware. from preware get the 'advanced configuration for app launcher' patch to add the ability to hide apps (along with other customization features).
    Quote Originally Posted by greendragonflyz View Post
    Thanks everyone for the help. Now I just have to figure out how to get Preware onto my phone. But that's another forum topic I'm sure.
    Go install.preware.org for instructions of how to get Preware.
    And you will want the patch that is referenced in the above post.

Pip
    Preinstalled apps CAN be removed, nuff said, people should not speak of things they do not know

http://forums.precentral.net/general...ml#post2102365

Perform a Luna Restart after removal, or reboot the device if you don't know how to restart Luna.
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/12/2010 at 05:11 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I can't wait for the I accidentally removed the amazon mp3 app, how do I get it back thread to follow.....
    Information is power, I can't help what others do with that power. But the truth has been told, you can delete preinstalled apps.
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/20/2010 at 07:15 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  13. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Please note that permanently removing stock apps could potentially cause an update loop. You're better off hiding them via a patch or hiding them by editing the json file.
    Last edited by ird; 09/12/2010 at 06:49 PM.
  14.    #14  
    Did that. Followed all directions. .jar app wouldn't run so PreWare wouldn't come up. Frustrated!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ird View Post
    Please note that permanently removing stock apps could potentially cause an update loop. You're better off hiding them via a patch or hiding them by editing the json file.
    How do you hide a app by editing the json file?
    Add a new parameter

"visible": false

At the end of the others.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Cool.

I thought there was a patch that did all of these launcher functions in one, though
    if you want to truly remove the application, visit here
    Patch Launcher Hide-Delete The NASCAR App - WebOS Internals

It states NASCAR app, but it works for any of them. I used it to remove the annoying Sprint Portal. You can do it from terminal, I am sure.
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Does anyone know how much space is each app taking up?

Hiding the apps may make more sense, depending on size. I just leave all the apps I don't use on the last launcher page (that I never use).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast