1. the
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    well guys, i;ve never owned a phone more than a year. the pre made it. I've found it in the middle of dirt bike trails, i've dug for it in the snow, and stepped on it when i walked out to my car. its a helluva trooper. but alas, the touchscreen and keyboard came a close second to my washing machine. Here's my dilemma, the phone still boots, only the touchscreen doesn't work. I can still log into my pre with the ol novacom command (novacom -t open tty://). what i cant do is select "usb drive" so that i can copy my pics down. i also can't issue a wipe of the device. can anyone help me with either of these things? at least let me delete the contacts/pictures et al. i cant even find the folder the pics are stored in.
    I know this probably won't help ypu too much as far as getting stuff off of it, BUT i dropped mine the other day.. & still worked.. except touch screen wouldn't function AT ALL.. took it to the sprint store the next morning, they exchange it!! gave me a brand new phone for FREE!!! i was sooo excited!!
    have you tried orange-sym-u? i believe that sets the pre to USB mode.
    You can also try forcing it into recovery mode by pulling the battery and holding the Volume UP button while inserting the battery again. Since you can't see the screen, hold the button for around 40 seconds before releasing and then plug the device into your computer. You should have access to the USB partition if it worked.
  5. the
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinynumber2 View Post
    I know this probably won't help ypu too much as far as getting stuff off of it, BUT i dropped mine the other day.. & still worked.. except touch screen wouldn't function AT ALL.. took it to the sprint store the next morning, they exchange it!! gave me a brand new phone for FREE!!! i was sooo excited!!
    I had to warranty mine so i have to send the old one back. just wanna dot my I's and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    have you tried orange-sym-u? i believe that sets the pre to USB mode.
    E for effort, but my keyboard issues a crap ton of random characters with each button press. this sadly did me no good
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $you$ $can$ $issue$ $a$ $wipe$ $command$ $from$ $your$ $Palm$ $profile$

https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...ge.iface?rvn=9

HTH, uwer
  7. the
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    You can also try forcing it into recovery mode by pulling the battery and holding the Volume UP button while inserting the battery again. Since you can't see the screen, hold the button for around 40 seconds before releasing and then plug the device into your computer. You should have access to the USB partition if it worked.
    When i do this, it successfully detects and installs novacom (bootie) but no drive shows up. is this a dead device? or is something else required?
    you can also call Palm and have them wipe it remotely.