Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Hi, I am wondering if someone here can help me clear my concerns on buying AT&Tís Palm Pre Plus by sharing their personal experience with the Phone. I have NO intention of using this on AT&Tís network. I am with T-Mobile and have NO plans of leaving them because I have a plan that works for me and my pocket.

I have played with WebOS and really like the way how itís implemented and I REALLY like the fact that I can install Classic and use the application that I canít live without, which is Ultrasoft Money.

Just so everybody is aware, I am currently using a Palm Treo Pro and itís now falling apart so I need a replacement phone ASAP.

So here are my questions;
    1. Are there any T-Mobile customers here using an AT&T Palm Pre Plus?
    2. How would you rate your data experience considering that you can only use that on EDGE network (for me being able to get 3G signal is just an added bonus as I only use my phone primarily for email. I have a laptop that I carry all the time and itís got a built-in WWAN thatís active and Iím not the one paying for it.)?
    3. How would you compare the data speed between Treo Pro and Pre Plus on EDGE Network (is one faster than the other or itís slower on Pre Plus because it constantly communicates to the cloud)?
    4. Are there anybody here using Classic and has Ultrasoft Money installed? Were you able to successfully synchronize your Microsoft Money Database into it?
    5. Is there anything I should be aware of when I use the Pre Plus on T-Mobile Network?
    6. Should I just hold off buying Palm Pre Plus and wait for the new Hardware then hope that T-Mobile will pick it up?
    7. Is $300.00 a pretty good price for a brand new Pre Plus or should I just look somewhere else?

Any input and suggestion would greatly be appreciated and I hope this great community would help me once I become an officially WebOS user.

Thanks,

Russell
    The best I can do is point you to this thread on the GSM Pre section of the forums.

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...tmobile-2.html

Hopefully someone who has experience with it will see the thread and be able to answer some of your questions specifically.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    pastorrich1,

Thank you for pointing me into that thread. I have read that in the past and really didn't discuss my concerns. Anybody here who has more input?

Russell
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Hi, first of all I apologize if this turns out to be a double post. I have the exact same question but it got posted on Sprint/Verizon version of the forum. Anyway, I am wondering if someone here can help me clear my concerns on buying AT&Tís Palm Pre Plus by sharing their personal experience with the Phone. I have NO intention of using this on AT&Tís network. I am with T-Mobile and have NO plans of leaving them because I have a plan that works for me and my pocket.

I have played with WebOS and really like the way how itís implemented and I REALLY like the fact that I can install Classic and use the application that I canít live without, which is Ultrasoft Money.

Just so everybody is aware, I am currently using a Palm Treo Pro and itís now falling apart so I need a replacement phone ASAP.

So here are my questions;
    1. Are there any T-Mobile customers here using an AT&T Palm Pre Plus?
    2. How would you rate your data experience considering that you can only use that on EDGE network (for me being able to get 3G signal is just an added bonus as I only use my phone primarily for email. I have a laptop that I carry all the time and itís got a built-in WWAN thatís active and Iím not the one paying for it.)?
    3. How would you compare the data speed between Treo Pro and Pre Plus on EDGE Network (is one faster than the other or itís slower on Pre Plus because it constantly communicates to the cloud)?
    4. Are there anybody here using Classic and has Ultrasoft Money installed? Were you able to successfully synchronize your Microsoft Money Database into it?
    5. Is there anything I should be aware of when I use the Pre Plus on T-Mobile Network?
    6. Should I just hold off buying Palm Pre Plus and wait for the new Hardware then hope that T-Mobile will pick it up?
    7. Is $300.00 a pretty good price for a brand new Pre Plus or should I just look somewhere else?

Any input and suggestion would greatly be appreciated and I hope this great community would help me once I become an officially WebOS user.

Thanks,

Russell
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I can elaborate on no. 4 as I have classic, but have at&t as my carrier. I love classic on the Palm Pre+ that Im using since my Palm Pixi+ broke and Im waiting for a replacement. MotionApp (makers of classic) have great cust. Service as I have gone through 3 webOS devices and each time they have updated my current serial no on the new device.

On c
    Your post was moved to the GSM sub-forum where it would attract more people in the know.

<<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I just want to thank everyone who chimed in this thread. Anyway, I went ahead and finally pulled the trigger of purchasing Pre Plus from AT&T and paid $300.00. I just want to share my experience so far based on my previous questions and hopefully it will help others too.

1. Obviously using this phone on TMO's network won't give me 3G capability. But that doesn't bother me as the speed while on TMO's EDGE network is fast enough for me. Just based on what I noticed, my data speed is a little bit faster compared to when I was using my Treo Pro.

2. I am currently on a trial period of Classic. I have installed Ultrasoft Money and was able to successfully synchronize my Money database into it. I even like the fact that it's synchronizing my data wirelessly. Although, Classic crashed multiple times and I think it is because Ultrasoft money has done nothing to make it compatible to classic or didn't certified it.

As far as my unlock experience. These are the steps I did;

1. Borrowed a friends SIM Card who's using iPhone and activated my Pre Plus from there.
    2. Tried asking a friend to call AT&T to get a Subsidy Unlock code for the pre and AT&T's response is there's no available unlock code for the Pre because of their exclusivity agreement with Palm (My friend is out of Contract by the way).
    3. I just purchased an unlock code through Nextgenserver and unlocked my Pre Plus that way.
    4. After unlocking it, I inserted my TMO SIM card and everything is working perfectly. I tried accessing the App Catalog and I can see and install applications from there.

Thanks again everyone.