1.    #1  
    i am having a problem with my phone that whenever i get a message my phone rings for like 4 seconds then stops, what the hells going on there, can any1 enlighten me please thank you
    Sounds like you probably have a ring tone set for the system alert. The system alert will play (for however long the sound file runs). The default system alert is a very short sound, so it only plays briefly.

Run the Messaging app, downswipe on the top left menu, and make sure the second setting (Alert) is set to System Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bftw View Post
    i am having a problem with my phone that whenever i get a message my phone rings for like 4 seconds then stops, what the hells going on there, can any1 enlighten me please thank you
    But it works fine when someone is calling?

EDIT.. So, do you want a long notification when you get an SMS?

I believe there is a patch so you can get a repeat notification if you want one.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    as these folks said, for notifications it is only as long as the single playing of the notification file that is set.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bftw View Post
    Ok... after doing some testing... that is the way the messaging app notification works. It only plays a short notification regardless how long the actual selected notification tone is.

I am pretty sure that is why they added the "short" version of the default ringtones.

So, it sounds like your phone is operating as designed.
    That's right I forgot about that rich, it does cut off longer tones, forgot I had a long tone for a while that the end would get cut off.
    do you guys just have alert set in messaging then? And not a ringtone
    I have had custom ring tones for messaging since the first week I had my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by noobftw View Post
    do you guys just have alert set in messaging then? And not a ringtone
    I have a custom ringtone set in messaging, but it is a short one. However for the purpose of checking out your problem, I went and changed my message alert in the messaging app to a full music ringtone (30 seconds long at least). Then when I received a txt it only played for about four seconds and cut off.
    so does anybody know if there is a way to get this set to repeat after a couple seconds