1.    #1  
    At my current work I'm inside an office tower and my signal is questionable. However most of the time I can get a decent Ev signal strength and reasonable speeds. But then post-random it decides to drop down to 1x (the phone is still in the same spot.)

I know that you can use ##EVDO# to force it to stay on Ev but this disables SMS and phone calls (incoming) until you put it back on Hybrid Rev A.

Does anyone know how to make the phone be less sensitive because slow EV is a bazillion times better than the donkey that is 1x.
    If you don't have Ev you don't have Ev.

If you were to get it to stick to Ev when the signal is not strong enough, you'd simply drain the battery and there's a good chance you'd find the speeds slower than 1x from all the data loss.
    I have this issue and have added the Roam patch via Preware to keep my phone service and internet capability. This is at my secondary office, need service, so it switches to Roam on Verizon's towers and enables me to function.

If you are comfortable with Preware, search for Roam, it can be added as Phone Preference or Device Menu.
    If you have EVDO somewhere near you you can always type ##3282# in your keyboard and set it to EVDO ONLY mode...however you will lose incoming calls/texts as a tradeoff till you go to that screen again and switch back to hybrid mode...

Edit: Sorry about repeating info already stated above...
    Last edited by ferriskeanu; 08/19/2010 at 11:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by collegekid13 View Post
    At my current work I'm inside an office tower and my signal is questionable. However most of the time I can get a decent Ev signal strength and reasonable speeds. But then post-random it decides to drop down to 1x (the phone is still in the same spot.)

I know that you can use ##EVDO# to force it to stay on Ev but this disables SMS and phone calls (incoming) until you put it back on Hybrid Rev A.

Does anyone know how to make the phone be less sensitive because slow EV is a bazillion times better than the donkey that is 1x.
    You could try setting to Hybrid Rev 0 instead of Rev A. That may stop the constant tower-hopping, depending on where you are.
    : (){:|:&};:
  6.    #6  
    Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    If you don't have Ev you don't have Ev.

If you were to get it to stick to Ev when the signal is not strong enough, you'd simply drain the battery and there's a good chance you'd find the speeds slower than 1x from all the data loss.
    The issues that's weird for me is that I don't understand is why if my phone is sitting on a desk stationary and only drops to 1x at it's own will. Ev shouldn't just dissapear. And I'm not worried about the battery. Streaming on the phone uses more power than the wall wort or USB can put back in anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    I have this issue and have added the Roam patch via Preware to keep my phone service and internet capability. This is at my secondary office, need service, so it switches to Roam on Verizon's towers and enables me to function.

If you are comfortable with Preware, search for Roam, it can be added as Phone Preference or Device Menu.
    Unfortunately I'm on Bell in Canada and my phone won't roam to Telus (the only other CDMA network.)

Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    You could try setting to Hybrid Rev 0 instead of Rev A. That may stop the constant tower-hopping, depending on where you are.
    I'm not the knowledgeable about Rev 0 vs A other than isn't 0 supposed to be slower? Would this actually work?

Again, thanks all!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    The issues that's weird for me is that I don't understand is why if my phone is sitting on a desk stationary and only drops to 1x at it's own will. Ev shouldn't just dissapear. And I'm not worried about the battery. Streaming on the phone uses more power than the wall wort or USB can put back in anyways.

Cell towers (cdma) will 'breathe' depending on how many users there are. A tower's range will diminish when there are more phones using it, and increase with fewer users. That may be an answer to what you're noticing.